Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users cron issue Post 26332 by RTM on Thursday 15th of August 2002 09:30:12 AM
Old 08-15-2002
Hint 1: user X does not have /usr/local/bin in their PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cron issue

When I list whats in cron -l its fine but when I try to -e edit it...it returns a number 309 can't you not edit cron this way with solaris 10? I can do it fine in sol 8 and 9. export EDITOR="vi" is set in my profile I am using BASH $ sudo crontab -l Password: #ident "@(#)root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

cron issue

Hello, Having and issue with a job scheduled in cron. The script: #!/bin/bash 2 3 # Example shell script which can be added to roots cron job to check the 4 # Embedded Satellite disk space usage. If any table is over 90% usage, send 5 # a notice to the default email address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Cron Issue

Hi Guys.,, This thing is driving me crazy.. I have this script which runs perfectly fine. If it is not able to connect to database it will drop a mail which it does when i ran it manually. But when i am running it from crontab, the script is not sending mail to me but to my id(login id)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Cron Issue

Hey all! I'm working on setting up a script to run with cron. I have thus far been unable to get it to successfully complete. I'm hoping you gurus can lend me a hand. This is my crontab, the transfer script works fine the backup will not. The backup however does work when I execute it from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffyville
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Cron

Hi Gurus, I need to run a script every saturday at 7:05 PM. Below command is working in x86_64. 05 19 * * 6 /apps/informatica/scripts/inf_rest.ksh However when I tried in HP-UX it is giving the below error. crontab: error on previous line; unexpected character found in line. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron Issue

I have written a custom cron. This cron executes a rake task every 5 minutes. I also log the trace of this execution in a file locally on my server. The whole process seems to execute seamlessly every 5 minutes, but then it seems to log it in /var/log/syslog. I investigated on the syslog and found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath.nm89
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Issue

I have written a custom cron. This cron executes a rake task every 5 minutes. I also log the trace of this execution in a file locally on my server. The whole process seems to execute seamlessly every 5 minutes, but then it seems to log it in /var/log/syslog. I investigated on the syslog and found... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Cron Issue

I have written a custom cron. This cron executes a rake task every 5 minutes. I also log the trace of this execution in a file locally on my server. The whole process seems to execute seamlessly every 5 minutes, but then it seems to log it in /var/log/syslog. I investigated on the syslog and found... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Solaris

CRON Issue

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. I have set a cron job that runs every couple hours. If I run the script manually, it runs just fine (logged in as root). The cron however will not run. It is producing an rc=1 error. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron issue

i have written a script to sftp yesterday's logs from another server as below: cd /export/home/abc/xyz/tt d=`gdate -d'yesterday' +%Y%m%d` sftp abc@XXX.XX.XX.XX<<EOF cd /yyy/logs/archive mget abc.log.$d* EOF cd /export/home/abc/xyz/scripts nohup ./ss.sh PROD & it is working fine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
auth/cron [-c] DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to instructions in the files /cron/user/cron. It runs only on an authentica- tion server. Option -c causes cron to create /cron/user and /cron/user/cron for the current user; it can be run from any Plan 9 machine. Blank lines and lines beginning with # in these files are ignored. Entries are lines with fields minute hour day month weekday host command Command is a string, which may contain spaces, that is passed to an rc(1) running on host for execution. The first five fields are integer patterns for minute 0-59 hour 0-23 day of month 1-31 month of year 1-12 day of week 0-6; 0=Sunday The syntax for these patterns is time : '*' | range range : number | number '-' number | range ',' range Each number must be in the appropriate range. Hyphens specify inclusive ranges of valid times; commas specify lists of valid time ranges. To run the job, cron calls host and authenticates remote execution, equivalent to running rx host command (see con(1)). The user's profile is run with $service set to rx. Cron is not a reliable service. It skips commands if it cannot reach host within two minutes, or if the cron daemon is not running at the appropriate time. EXAMPLES
Here is the job that mails system news. % cat /cron/upas/cron # send system news 15 8-17, 21 *** helix /mail/lib/mailnews % SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/auth/cron.c SEE ALSO
con(1), rc(1) CRON(8)