Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cpio backup to a remote device.. Post 26326 by miredale on Thursday 15th of August 2002 08:15:44 AM
Old 08-15-2002
have you updated the .rhosts file on both servers ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup listing(cpio)

Hi i am using HPUX and i want to know wht is the command to see the listing from the tape device.. i have taken the backup using cpio -ocvB>/dev/rmt/0m while seeing the listing using cpio -itvB</dev/rmt/0m it is not showing the listing giving message -c option sd be there if i put -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup with CPIO

Hi All, I have a tape backup(DDS2) with cpio. I want to restore just some directory from this device but I do not know the command ?? other question what is the best cpio command to take more than 8 GB data ? thanks Alice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
1 Replies

3. SCO

CPIO Backup End of Media

I'm having problems getting backups working on SCO OpenServer 5.7. using the following command: find / -depth -print | cpio -ocvB -O /dev/rct0 some files are backed up then the following error is reported: Reached end of medium on output. Device /dev/rct0: Change to part 2 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMA1
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract cpio backup on tape

Hi, I was wondering, If I take a backup using cpio to tape from UNIX, can I extract data on windows box using cpio for windows? Anybody ever do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonez
1 Replies

5. SCO

cpio Backup and restore to spare server fails

Our company purchased a spare HP ML350 server - identical to current one in use to act as minimal downtime replacement should the inevitable happen. After install of OS 5.0.7 and restore of cpiobackup I get this message: -: Syntax error: Hostname= $inexpected The SCO licence policy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Tape Backup Using cpio

Hi all, I've got two HP machines running HP-UX 11.31 and would like to remotely backup one server onto another server's tape unit using the cpio command. The two servers use a secured communication channel, i.e ssh. Kindly help, Koketso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

9. AIX

Cpio: copy failed - No space left on device when I use rpm

Hello, I want to install GCC gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm for AIX 6.1 when I lance my command rpm -i gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm I have this error unpacking of archive failed on file gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2: cpio: copy failed - No space left on device I checked the free space and I am surpise becouse I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatab355
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)