Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory OS X / fsck / apps dont work no control panel Post 26314 by maxwell on Wednesday 14th of August 2002 08:03:18 PM
Old 08-14-2002
OS X / fsck / apps dont work no control panel

Alright.

My neighbor kid brings me his iBook and says nothing works. He decided to move the file system to his likeness and that semed to create the problems. Now he doesn't have access rights to his home.
I have run fsck over and over again and I keep getting ** fs modified **
I have also run the Disk First Aid from the CD.
I also downloaded a "Repair Privleges" prog on another machine, burned to CD, and ran that. All was repaired.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Maxwell

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control Panel seeking.

Hi, guys. My friends and I used to rent space from our ISP, and they applied Cpanel to help us to config. Recently we just upgrade to the dedicated server plan, and there is nothing but only the os has been installed. Since Cpanel is the commercial software, we cannot afford it, we need to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to make a control panel for a Linux script

has anyone got experience using jsch? Does it give me a prompt when I run a command/ print result back to me. I need to send commands to a linux database like restart,shutdown,stop database caching etc. But in java I want to build a GUI I can use. TO call database commands. and do these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
3 Replies
pvck(1M)																  pvck(1M)

NAME
pvck - check or repair a physical volume in LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
pv_path pv_path DESCRIPTION
This command is supported for arguments belonging to volume groups version 1.0. Attempting this command with arguments belonging to volume groups version 2.0 or higher will result in an error. Note: Currently is only capable of detecting bad checksums caused by a forward system migration after a backward system migration. It should not be used in other situations. The command examines and repairs LVM data structures on a raw disk (pv_path) in a volume group. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments. Repair problems found. Report, but do not repair problems. pv_path The raw device path name of a physical volume. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values Either no problems were found or all problems were corrected. Unable to repair. EXAMPLES
Examine LVM checksums on without modifying anything: Repair LVM checksums on if necessary: WARNINGS
should only be run on a device whose volume group has not been activated. is designed to repair the root device or devices while the system is booted in maintenance mode ("", see hpux(1M) on PA-RISC systems). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
intro(7), lvm(7). pvck(1M)