Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: booting problems on solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users booting problems on solaris Post 26213 by RTM on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 04:33:32 PM
Old 08-13-2002
Sorry, no, I don't use chat rooms - and unfortunately, I was not on this site this morning so I did not see your last message until now (can't use chat at work).

From what you posted - you didn't apply the patch.
Quote:
i could not seem to find any matches when i did
ls -l /a/devices/pseudo/sys*
This means the problem occurred due to the patch (according to the documentation). You must do Step 4 and below in the documentation. I've never used ftp to get a file onto a server booted from cdrom, but the documentation makes it sound like it is possible. Put the patch onto a disk (mount /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 back to /a). ftp from your 'down' server to one that has the patch. Get the patch and then follow the rest of the steps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix 5.0.7 problems Booting

Hello there guys , I have a unix box that i just install on a HP VL400 , installation went all the way no problem. I get the BOOT: Hit enter and it goes to the point that you can see the all the hardware info. the problem is that freeses when gets to this point H oeminit Note: I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. Linux

Problems booting RH 8

I installed RH8 on Thinkpad R51. The install went smooth, but when I tried to boot, it hanged at: PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on Pci bus 00 device f9, VID=8086, ID=24ca PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions. PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) could not enable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Problems during booting from mirror disk

Hi All, I have detached a mirror and primary disk from my Solaris box. On trying to boot from Primary disk, It boots up good. But from my mirror disk, it is not booting and giving me the login prompt Instead it goes to maintenance state by issuing a coredump. Can you explain why... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10: Problems booting off mirror drive -- Error 22: No such partition

Solaris 10 5/08 on Ultra 40 M2 It boots fine off primary disk but having issues booting off the mirror disk. I get this error when booting off mirror disk: Booting 'Solaris 10 ... Mirror disk' root (hd1,0,a) Error 22: No such partition Press any key to continue... Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

6. Linux

Damn Small Linux Booting Problems

I recently downloaded a DSL iso file. I loaded the iso in VirtualBox and it worked perfectly, but when I wrote the iso to a CD using k3b and I tried booting it, I got an error. I tried booting from the disk in VirtualBox and got the same error. "FATAL: Could not read from the boot medium! System... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris booting problems

hi am trying to get some knowledge on Solaris common trouble shooting problems.. can some one help me in getting most common issues.. and how to solve those issues. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindreddy
4 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)