Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory trashed etc.... what can i do? Post 26198 by sven on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 11:26:14 AM
Old 08-13-2002
trashed etc.... what can i do?

hi,

first of all i am using mac os x, so unix is only in the background, but i hope someone here can help me. ok, i use a powerbook with os 9 and os x on it. while i was in os 9 i could see some files on my desktop and one was the folder etc. i trashed some temp files an (don't know really why) also trashed the etc (now i know what it is). when i rebooted i only came to the unix point and the message appeared "/etc/master.passwd: no such file or directory". i found the etc folder in the trash stuff. but the problem is that i can not move the folder up, cause i am not logged in. but i can not log in, cause unix won't find the password file! what can i do to get out of this loop!!!!
thnaks a lot for your help!

sven

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. HP-UX

Pid killed due to trashed stack

Hi when im running an application in load im getting pid 2433 killed due to trashed stack Pid 2433 was killed due to failure in writing the signal context. when we ll get this type of problem.any solnnnn plz give reply this is my system config: HP-UX devusp2 B.11.11 U 9000/800... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramod123
1 Replies
ARP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  ARP(3pm)

NAME
ARP - Perl extension for creating ARP packets SYNOPSIS
use Net::ARP; Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); print "$mac "; $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); print "192.168.1.1 has got mac $mac "; IMPORTANT Version 1.0 will break with the API of PRE-1.0 versions, because the return value of arp_lookup() and get_mac() will no longer be passed as parameter, but returned! I hope this decision is ok as long as we get a cleaner and more perlish API. DESCRIPTION This module can be used to create and send ARP packets and to get the mac address of an ethernet interface or ip address. send_packet() Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation I think this is self documentating. ARP operation can be one of the following values: request, reply, revrequest, revreply, invrequest, invreply. The default ARP operation is reply. get_mac() $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); This gets the MAC address of the eth0 interface and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. arp_lookup() $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); This looks up the MAC address for the ip address 192.168.1.1 and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. SEE ALSO
man -a arp AUTHOR
Bastian Ballmann [ Balle@chaostal.de ] http://www.datenterrorist.de COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Bastian Ballmann This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2009-04-24 ARP(3pm)