Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using join command for files
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory using join command for files Post 26186 by isacs on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 06:21:39 AM
Old 08-13-2002
Join can only be used for only one key column - so we have to find out an other solution.

greetz,
frank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Command Help

Hi, I am trying to use join command for two files of size greater than 1 GB. join -t , -1 2 -2 1 -o 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8,1.9,1.10,1.11,1.12,1.13,1.14,1.15,1.16,1.17,1.18,1.19,1.20,1.21,1.22,1.23 File1 File2 > File3 we are facing space crunch after using these join command. May i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

join (pls help on join command)

Hi, I am a new learner of join command. Some result really make me confused. Please kindly help me. input: file1: LEO oracle engineer 210375 P.Jones Office Runner ID897 L.Clip Personl Chief ID982 S.Round UNIX admin ID6 file2: Dept2C ID897 6 years Dept5Z ID982 1 year Dept3S ID6 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for simple join command but based on 2 columns

input1 a_a a/a 10 100 a1 a_a 20 200 b1 b_b 30 300 input2 a_a a/a xxx yyy a1 a1 lll ppp b1 b_b kkk ooo output a_a a/a 10 100 xxx yyy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

join files cisco command output

We have two files with results of two commands of cisco: one file; showintstatus, have the following format: Gi2/6 servidorlij connected 176 full 1000 10/100/1000BaseTsecond file; showmacaddrestable, have the following format: * 162 0021.9b8d.073e dynamic Yes 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robonet
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join two files using "Join" command with one common field in this problem?

file1: Toronto:12439755:1076359:July 1, 1867:6 Quebec City:7560592:1542056:July 1, 1867:5 Halifax:938134:55284:July 1, 1867:4 Fredericton:751400:72908:July 1, 1867:3 Winnipeg:1170300:647797:July 15, 1870:7 Victoria:4168123:944735:July 20, 1871:10 Charlottetown:137900:5660:July 1, 1873:2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindfreak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the join command to obtain tab delimited text files as an output?

How do you use the join command and obtain tab delimited text files as an output? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
sgels.f(3)							      LAPACK								sgels.f(3)

NAME
sgels.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgels (TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgels (characterTRANS, integerM, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integerINFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Purpose: SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined real linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'T' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**T * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'T' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**T * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER*1 = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'T': the linear system involves A**T. M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >=0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by SGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by SGELQF. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'T'. On exit, if INFO = 0, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, the i-th diagonal element of the triangular factor of A is zero, so that A does not have full rank; the least squares solution could not be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 183 of file sgels.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 sgels.f(3)