Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing Script of a different user on Same Machine Post 26066 by jiin on Saturday 10th of August 2002 10:24:00 PM
Old 08-10-2002
Just an additional note to that execellent reply.

man autoexpect

jiin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the user executing a script

How do i in a script determine the user that is executing it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
2 Replies

2. SCO

Executing script with root privilages from a user login

I need to regular users to be able to launch a script which does something requiring root privilages. I've tried using chmod 4755 which gives it -rwsr-xr-x permissions but it still can not be run as the regular user. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: checkpro
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script on local machine

Hi guys, I need to run and test some shell script. At work, i work on ksh. I don't have any such software/client installed at home and i cannot always connect to work from home. At home i have Windows Vista. Is there a free and reliable software where i can run my ksh script? Please let me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing program with Perl script but needs user input

Hello, I'm running a perl script to execute a program through my Unix command line. The program requires a user input but I want to automatically have perl input the string. Is there a way to do this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonard2352
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a string from user while executing a tcl script

Hi All, I am executing a Tcl script and i am trying to get the user input while they execute the script at start itself like >>filename.tcl USERINPUT and then i will take this userinput inside the the tcl assign it to some variable for further manipulation/processing ...... can anyone pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukrish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Knowing the user who is executing my script

Hi, is there any way? I thot of id but it doesnt work quite well :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

9. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command?

Hello, Our applications are deployed in SunOS 5.10 servers. All the team members use a same username/pwd to login to the box. Very often we face issue were we could see that weblogic server instance are KILLED and we are not able to trace who executed kill command. All team members use PUTTY to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santtarius
2 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)