Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Unix Ware 7
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO Unix Ware 7 Post 26054 by dev_hd0 on Saturday 10th of August 2002 02:53:06 PM
Old 08-10-2002
You need a new driver for your IDE disk. Check the caldera.com ftp site and download the OpenUnix8.0 Install HBA. That has the new IDE driver on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question - Does anyone know a good forum for selling Unix H/ware?

Hi ... apologies for posting in this section ... I figured this would be the best place to pose this question - does anyone know a good forum for selling Unix related hardware - I have a handful of HP C3750's that I would like to sell. I am located in Toronto. Thx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krs1
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Middle ware application in Solaris

Hi Friends I need ur suggestions. I have 3+ experience in solaris10. Iam planning for study Web sphere in UNIX. Is this the right choice can i do that. how is the market value for WEBSPHERE. Waiting for the replys (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix system v release 3.2 (sco-unix?)

another unix printing issue. our client based pc's used to print some form's to our hp printer. as of the moment they can not print. i have checked & did the ff: #lpstat -r (scheduler is running) i dunno if i need to restart the whole unix box via shutdown or just checking at... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
15 Replies

6. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Having solaris installed over VM ware machine in windows

I have installed solaris 10 over VM ware in windows machine. now i want to share the files from windows to solaris. how can i do so.. and pls tell if through putty i can access the solaris from windows machine without logging onto VMware. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

vm ware linux

HI I am using vmware on my windows system and I had the red hat linux working on my system.But the problem I'm facinf certain commands are not working in lunux. i don't know the reason why ex : echo $shell this should dispaly the shell.but system responds with blank line. ex : echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 SPARC for VM Ware

Hi All, Actually i need to install solaris 10 version over VMWare which is installed over my windows machine. On that solaris version i need to install Weblogic application server, I need to know where can i download SOLARIS 10 for this and also what is the difference in SPARC and x86 version and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies
PDCIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 PDCIDE(4)

NAME
pdcide -- Promise IDE disk controllers driver SYNOPSIS
pdcide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 DESCRIPTION
The pdcide driver supports the Promise Ultra33, Ultra66, Ultra100, Ultra100TX2, Ultra100TX2v2, Ultra133, Ultra133TX2, Ultra133TX2v2, Fast- trak133 and Serial ATA/150 IDE controllers, and provides the interface with the hardware for the ata(4) driver. The 0x0002 flag forces the pdcide driver to disable DMA on chipsets for which DMA would normally be enabled. This can be used as a debugging aid, or to work around problems where the IDE controller is wired up to the system incorrectly. SEE ALSO
ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) BUGS
The timings used for the PIO and DMA modes for controllers listed above are for a PCI bus running at 30 or 33 MHz. This driver may not work properly on overclocked systems. The pdcide driver does NOT function correctly on NetBSD/sparc64. BSD
December 23, 2003 BSD