Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy files from local drive to telnet unix machine. Post 2602 by gary on Thursday 24th of May 2001 04:59:42 AM
Old 05-24-2001
Computer

i want to run some solaris executable program (text file). i telnet to solaris machine. the text file is on the net drive h: or my local drive on windows system.

how can i copy the text file from local drive in windows to remote machine in solaris system?

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically copying files from server to local drive?

I would like automate the process of copying some logs files from a server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. I don't really know anything about creating and scheduling jobs. Is this something I could setup relatively easily? I would like to automatically copy all the logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sepia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from local machine to server?

I am logged into a server via SSH. There is a file on my desktop of my Windows PC I would like to put on that server. How do I do it? SCP looks the likely method but how does the server know where the file is on the local machine? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab; copy most recent *.mpg file from local machine to smb storage device

Hello, I've been searching your forum for an answer to the following question and whilst I've seen several which may help I'm afraid my inexperience with UNIX systems has got the better of me and I'm incapable of piecing your considerable expertise together. Problem: I have a linux box which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julezsht
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix machine as disk drive

Hello, This is my first post :) I wondered if it would be possible to connect a unix machine via USB as a disk drive in the same way as Android devices connects to the computers. The idea is to connect my debian machine to the television, that is compatible with USB pendrives. Then, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Strife
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix server to Hard-drive connected on the machine

Hi, I have an external hard drive connected to my iMac. I am logged into a Linux_x86_64 server. Now, if I want to download files directly to the hard drive, is there a way to do it. Currently, I am chasing cyberduck to download content to the hard drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email with attachment from local machine through UNIX

Hello everyone, So, here is my requirement. I want to run an SQL query and export the result in an excel file and send that as an attachement in an email to the intended receipients. Please help me understand how to do that. How to connect to database, how to export the output in an excel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohdrafi12
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)