Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing arrays to oracle from unix Post 25902 by krishnasai on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 10:16:31 AM
Old 08-07-2002
Thanks edog
Iam already concatenating he columns into a string. I beleive KShell supports only single dimensional array

Thanks
Krishna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell arrays in oracle stored procedure

Is it possible to pass unix shell arrays in Oracle stored procedure? Is yes, how? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all... Im looking to pass the contents of a simple file to Oracle so that it can be stored in a database table. The best way i can think of to avoid overhead is to loop through the contents of the file and store the data in a bash array. then the array can be passed to SQL Plus where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing oracle parameters back to Shell

Hi All, Does anyone have any solutions for passing back multiple variables back to the SHELL from a call to an ORACLE procedure: eg #username='scott' #password='tiger' #database='orcl' username='ITGCD03D03' password='tC5epIew' database='ITGCD03D' sqlplus -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays between functions

Hi, I have a function that hold 3 arrayies. I need to pass them to another function as an input, for further use Could you please explain how to do that. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to oracle procedure

using the script below I want to pass a parameters thorugh my sql call(@/unixsxxx/xxxx/helpenv.sql emptab ) as input into an oracle procedure xxxx_package.proc1(%1,emptab); . I tried %1 but it does not work. Any suggestions. #!bin/ksh set -x # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Passing An Oracle parameter to a unix shell.

I have an Oracle concurrent program that I'm passing a parameter to a unix shell script. An example value of the Oracle parameter is PO_TOP. The Oracle parameter represents the unix env var PO_TOP, meaning, on the unix side there is env var called PO_TOP (ex value: /oradev/apps/po/11.0.3/). My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_Wright
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle Variable Passing Test

Hi, I am trying to get the oracle variables and pass the values in sql placed in procedure. VARIABLE vstat='ASDS,FGDS,VCGD,VCXC' Query : select distinct dept from College where section in ('C','D') AND CODES ='' AND NAMES IN ('RAJ','SAM'); I want CODES values to be taken from vstat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)