Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers add route gives target: Host name lookup failure Post 25888 by janr on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 07:19:41 AM
Old 08-07-2002
As far i can see is 'targewt' not a valid option.

In this case the route command thinks target is a hostname and tries to lookup this host.

I think:

route -v add 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 198.9.200.42 metric 1 dev eth0

wil do the job

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no route to host

I not able to ping outside the internet. i am able to ping my 192. ip address. when i try to ping a 68. ip address i get no route to host. what should i do to correct this issue. I have sco openserver 5.05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
6 Replies

2. Linux

make file_Configuration lookup disabled for target.

hello everyone, while i am compiling a c++ module.at the compilation end i am getting the following error. ======================= Configuration lookup disabled for target"/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/cb/cdbc/obj_0001/HP-UX//rdr_types.h" what does it mean.can somebody clarify the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Host name lookup failure.

Hi Gurus I am getting the following message continuosly in my /var/adm/messages file: Aug 3 13:31:21 mumux102 sendmail: n6UHxxTm019703: to=postmaster, delay=3+14:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30730707, relay=fisbomrelay.fnfis.com, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Name server:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

No route to host

I get below error when using telnet and ssh ?? Why ? the ip address of linux server is 10.155.25.22 =tstgcota ?? # netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 192.168.75.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
6 Replies

5. AIX

problem with host route

Hi, I have a system with network interfaces en0 and en1 en0: physical ip: 1.1.1.10 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.11 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.12 en1: physical ip: 1.1.1.20 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.20 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.21 default gateway ist 192.168.100.254 when I open a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
12 Replies

6. Solaris

DNS Lookup failure:

I am facing typical problem with apache as proxy. my solaris box was running with apache1.3, due to security issue i have updated to apache 2.2. I don't have any DNS set up onmy network. I was able to connect to internet apache 1.3 working as proxy server. http and https are working fine. when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sns_sns
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

IP forwarding Route/Host ?

I have a unix machine that operates some CNC machines, I need to hook up my windows machine through core ftp to load programs onto the box. The card i need to route to for the FTP on unix is tu1 I need to check the routing tables on the unix box to see which IP address will automatically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moticulus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

9. Linux

Host name Lookup Failure

Dear All , I am able to resolve my server using its ipaddress from other machines. But not from the same machine. But I have updated the DNS entry in /etc/resolv.conf. Even SSH login from other server shows Hostname Lookup Failure. Please help me on this. Rj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems host name lookup failure sendmail

Hi I have a problem in sendmail Freebsd when sending emails to yahoo as an example, I get: Sep 5 10:05:43 local50 sm-mta: STARTTLS=client, error: connect failed=-1, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1 Sep 5 10:05:43 local50 sm-mta: STARTTLS=client: 43926:error:1407742E:SSL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickyarge92
3 Replies
Route classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						 Route classifier in tc(8)

NAME
route - route traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... route [ from REALM | fromif TAG ] [ to REALM ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
Match packets based on routing table entries. This filter centers around the possibility to assign a realm to routing table entries. For any packet to be classified by this filter, a routing table lookup is performed and the returned realm is used to decide on whether the packet is a match or not. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. from REALM fromif TAG Perform source route lookups. TAG is the name of an interface which must be present on the system at the time of tc invocation. to REALM Match if normal (i.e., destination) routing returns the given REALM. EXAMPLES
Consider the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 being attached to eth0: ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0 realm 2 The following route filter will then match packets from that subnet: tc filter add ... route from 2 classid 1:2 and pass packets on to class 1:2. NOTES
Due to implementation details, realm values must be in a range from 0 to 255, inclusive. Alternatively, a verbose name defined in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms may be given instead. SEE ALSO
tc(8), ip-route(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Route classifier in tc(8)