Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Global Variabels
Top Forums Programming Global Variabels Post 25865 by Esaia on Tuesday 6th of August 2002 07:34:49 PM
Old 08-06-2002
Yes but this is not for a script.
Sorry about not specifing language.
This is a C issue. And the programs is a bigger project with multiple files.
But thanks anyway Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting variabels from env file

I am running a unix script and calling an env script with in that. but the variables i am exporting in env are not being used by the present script. can any body let me know why? The env file is in the same directory and when i run in devug mode its able to show all the variable values also. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to know the global zonename from non-global zone?

It is easy to list all zones from global zones, but how to find out the global zone name from non-global zone? thx (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
11 Replies

3. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see global hostname by logging in non global zones?

Hi guru Could any one help me by letting me know, how to see global hostname by logging in non global zones Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identify a global or non-global Solaris server?

Hi, I have Solaris zone configured with Solaris 9 and 10. In Solaris 10(non global), I use the command “zonename” to get whether it is global or non-global server. For Solaris 9, what command I can use to get whether it is global or non-global server. Regards, Kalai :confused: (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why global var is not global with export

Hi, I try to define global var assuming that I can acces it from multiple sessions/terminal windows, but I can't do this with either comand line or script delcaratino/export. I'm not a root user doing this, but is this should not be matter. Even if I do this lines below in script, being in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
strict(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       strict(3pm)

NAME
strict - Perl pragma to restrict unsafe constructs SYNOPSIS
use strict; use strict "vars"; use strict "refs"; use strict "subs"; use strict; no strict "vars"; DESCRIPTION
If no import list is supplied, all possible restrictions are assumed. (This is the safest mode to operate in, but is sometimes too strict for casual programming.) Currently, there are three possible things to be strict about: "subs", "vars", and "refs". "strict refs" This generates a runtime error if you use symbolic references (see perlref). use strict 'refs'; $ref = $foo; print $$ref; # ok $ref = "foo"; print $$ref; # runtime error; normally ok $file = "STDOUT"; print $file "Hi!"; # error; note: no comma after $file There is one exception to this rule: $bar = &{'foo'}; &$bar; is allowed so that "goto &$AUTOLOAD" would not break under stricture. "strict vars" This generates a compile-time error if you access a variable that was neither explicitly declared (using any of "my", "our", "state", or "use vars") nor fully qualified. (Because this is to avoid variable suicide problems and subtle dynamic scoping issues, a merely "local" variable isn't good enough.) See "my" in perlfunc, "our" in perlfunc, "state" in perlfunc, "local" in perlfunc, and vars. use strict 'vars'; $X::foo = 1; # ok, fully qualified my $foo = 10; # ok, my() var local $baz = 9; # blows up, $baz not declared before package Cinna; our $bar; # Declares $bar in current package $bar = 'HgS'; # ok, global declared via pragma The local() generated a compile-time error because you just touched a global name without fully qualifying it. Because of their special use by sort(), the variables $a and $b are exempted from this check. "strict subs" This disables the poetry optimization, generating a compile-time error if you try to use a bareword identifier that's not a subroutine, unless it is a simple identifier (no colons) and that it appears in curly braces or on the left hand side of the "=>" symbol. use strict 'subs'; $SIG{PIPE} = Plumber; # blows up $SIG{PIPE} = "Plumber"; # just fine: quoted string is always ok $SIG{PIPE} = &Plumber; # preferred form See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib. HISTORY
"strict 'subs'", with Perl 5.6.1, erroneously permitted to use an unquoted compound identifier (e.g. "Foo::Bar") as a hash key (before "=>" or inside curlies), but without forcing it always to a literal string. Starting with Perl 5.8.1 strict is strict about its restrictions: if unknown restrictions are used, the strict pragma will abort with Unknown 'strict' tag(s) '...' As of version 1.04 (Perl 5.10), strict verifies that it is used as "strict" to avoid the dreaded Strict trap on case insensitive file systems. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 strict(3pm)