Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover A password
Special Forums Cybersecurity Recover A password Post 2573 by SmartJuniorUnix on Tuesday 22nd of May 2001 11:47:38 AM
Old 05-22-2001
Question

Hello All,
I have an application user (INFORMIX). This is a system user. It runs processes That I am unaware of. I need to discover the user's password. I can't change it, because it will affect the processes it's runnig. Is there a utility that will allow me to 'su' to that user from root and print out the password in plain text?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Recover root password

I need to recover root password on a test server (E 10k) running solaris 9. Can someone please tell me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to recover root password

How to recover root password in solaris, I forgot root password. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to recover 'root' password

Dear All, I have lost my data backup server's root password, just have a normal login username and password ..but i need to get back my root passwd....any1 can help me out plz :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir
7 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to Recover windows administrator password?

HI, Can anybody tell me..about recovering windows administrator password in case of Forget it. Now in Unix OS and any database,there is a fascility of recovering root/admin password.... Can window provide any such kind of fascility?....Also tell me any other normal users password recovery... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to recover Admin password

Dear all I have two doubts please clarify my doubt with clear steps 1. As a admin i forget my password how could i know whats my password. 2. If someone change my password how could i rectify that Please give me reply. with clear steps (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Recover Admin Password

Dear All Users I have two doubts please any one clarify my doubts 1. In solaris As a admin i've forget my password so how could i know whats my password 2. if someone change my password so how could i rectify my password. Please can anyone solve my doubt with clear steps (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Recover root password

How can I recover root password :wall: 1) I am running Solaris 10 (X86) through VMware for practicing. 2) I was practicing root password recovery and deleted the password in /etc/shadow file. 3) Neither cant login the to the CLI nor Console 4) Selected the Soalris X86 failsafe in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to recover the root password?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. i can login with the user in redhat linux but i forget root password. so pleas help me to recover. advance thanks siva. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover root password on SuSE?

Hi, We forgot the root password on SuSE version 10 server. Since I didn't have SuSE DVD, I started the server using Redhat. I updated /etc/shadow and removed the root password. I then started the server and I still can't login using root. Any idea? One more question, on Novell web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
6 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to recover my password

Hi team, My Member Id is : 'Nila' and I forgot my password. I have tried to recover it from "Forgotten your password" link. But its not accepting my mail id which is valid. (nila.shanthi@gmail.com). Please help me to recover/change my password to login. Regards Vennila (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vennila
1 Replies
NWBORM(8)							      nwborm								 NWBORM(8)

NAME
nwborm - Remove a NetWare Bindery Object SYNOPSIS
nwborm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] DESCRIPTION
nwborm removes the specified NetWare Bindery Objects. nwborm looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwborm prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be deleted. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. AUTHORS
nwborm was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding Caldera utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwborm 7/9/1996 NWBORM(8)