Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Customize CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Customize CDE Post 25655 by Reza Nazarian on Friday 2nd of August 2002 05:44:29 AM
Old 08-02-2002
Thanks everfybody. I have downloaded some documents from the site and I think now I have enoufh stuff to spend alot of time with them.
Cheers
Reza

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

customize my prompt in bash

in csh I was using: set prompt=""$HOSTNAME".tk.\!> " to customize the look of my prompt. I have seen the light after reading the perils of csh scripting and wish to switch to bash. How do I customize my bash prompt??? I've tried many variation of the above w/no success, and searching this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Customize Solaris after default install

Hi, I want to hear some opinions about what you do after installing a basic Solaris8 on sparc. What customizations you do? What you tune? 1.Mirroring disks. 2. ..... 3. ..... etc Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I customize my login script?

Hi, I am realatively new to UNIX (I started 1 week ago), and I need some help on an assignment. I am trying to find the file that will allow me to modify my login. I did some research, and most of my sources tell me to modify the ~/.cshrc and ~/.login files. The problem is that I cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
1 Replies

4. Solaris

customize dtlogin

Hello out there! I'm using dtlogin with my SunRay 2 and SunRay Server Software 4.0. Now I want to customize the look an funcionality of the dtlogin. e.g. disable the Options - Button or change the Helptext. Can anybody give me a hint where to find a good manual for dtlogin or which files I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blang
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to customize cluster during solaris installation?

While performing, solaris 10 U7 interactive initial installation I selected 'End User System Support' software group as below: Select Software ___________________________________________________________ Select the Solaris software to install on the system. NOTE: After selecting a software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
0 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me with customize script.

Hi forum members, I have customize command which is opening in one user and while I am try from my user it is not working and getting the message KSH not found. This command is used to open encrypted file ,this command take arguments file name and option ie plz find the below command. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

9. AIX

Customize Roles - HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to create a new custom role on HMC to manage only one LPAR and few activity on it (START,STOP,CONSOLE). It's possible create this custom role? If yes where i can read something about? Thanks in advance. Bye. Zio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to customize auditd.cron

Hello all, I'm trying to update auditd.cron to force rotate daily and gzip audit.log.1. I will probably then remove anything older that 3 months. The part I don't like about my script right now is the sleep command. It seems that the "/sbin/service auditd rotate" command must use a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdlaforc
2 Replies
dtsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dtsetup(8)

NAME
dtsetup - Configure and Customize the Common Desktop Environment (CDE) SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/dtsetup X resources OPTIONS
Specifies the standard X11 resource options. For more information, see the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The CDE Setup application, dtsetup, provides you with a mechanism to customize your Common Desktop Environment by using a graphical user interface. It also provides System Administrators a means to create a CDE environment for various types of users. When you invoke the CDE Setup application, a panel of four icons are displayed: Quick Setup, Desktop, Login, and Services. From the Quick Setup icon, you or the system administrator can provide minimal entries to configure CDE. The Desktop icon lets you or the system administrator set up the front panel, establish various window manager resources, define starting applications, and set parameters for the terminal, dtmail, and dtfile applications. The Login icon lets you provide information about your login session, while the system administrator can also set up the system login greetings, and set up the X server configuration. The Services icon has fields for various services configuration. You are restricted to the choice of whether to run the Motif/OpenLook DND gateway. The system administrator has additional choices regarding the ToolTalk Session and ToolTalk Database server, as well as disabling network dependency and allowing inbound remote process execution. The CDE Setup application provides an effortless way of assembling the CDE front panel from available controls. Furthermore, by providing various file names and other specifications, the CDE Setup application allows you to create your own controls. The CDE setup application can be invoked from: The CDE Application Manager. Application Group: System_Admin Desktop_Apps Subgroup: Configuration To start the dtsetup application from the command line, enter /usr/dt/bin/dtsetup. Online help is available for the dxmtools application. To get help, click on any Help button or use the Help pull-down menu. RESTRICTIONS
You must have superuser privileges to access the full functionality of this application. FILES
CDE setup application executable CDE setup online help volume SEE ALSO
Commands: dtlogin(1), ttdbserverd(1), ttsession(1), X(1X), xdm(1X), xprop(1X) Files: dtfpfile(4) Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide CDE Companion dtsetup(8)