Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time zone setting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Time zone setting Post 25565 by peter.herlihy on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 10:02:35 PM
Old 07-31-2002
Read man page for TIMEZONE and timezone.

You can also change the TZ used within the current shell by exporting TZ.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change params for time zone

Hi! How ican change parameters for daylight, i mean, i want change the daylight on december first week. I've tried with /usr/lib/tztab but result unsuccessful. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agustincm
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkpalkar
6 Replies

3. AIX

Setting connection time zone

New to AIX AIX 5.3 Is it possible to set the time zone for an individual user connection? I have an environment that may be used by several global locations and the information they enter needs to be in each of their own time zones. Ideally we need to do this for cron jobs as well. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

5. AIX

Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi, A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time? regards, Roshni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sysinstall not setting the time zone correctly

Every time a new machine is installed with either Linux or FreeBSD we set the timezone to either UTC or CEST. However, the clock on the desktop is almost always one hour or two hours behind. We then run sysinstall > configure > time zone (FreeBSD) or set the clock in the panel (xfce / linux), but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

8. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Help setting up a bhyve branded zone

So I started with following the example on the omnios page for bhyve (sorry, I can't provide the link because I'm a post shy of the 5 to give a URL): And found that in the end I was able to create a running bhyve zone, but accessing it via zlogin results in a blank console. I've tried Debian 9... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stratacast1
14 Replies
TZSELECT(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       TZSELECT(8)

NAME
tzselect - select a timezone SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
The tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting timezone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable. All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is zero if a timezone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
AWK Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk). TZDIR Name of the directory containing timezone data files (default: /usr/share/zoneinfo). FILES
TZDIR/iso3166.tab Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names. TZDIR/zone.tab Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments. TZDIR/TZ Time zone data file for timezone TZ. SEE ALSO
tzfile(5), zdump(8), zic(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-05-18 TZSELECT(8)