Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connection Porblem
Special Forums IP Networking Connection Porblem Post 25532 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 03:09:26 PM
Old 07-31-2002
well what do you mean connect to it, are you trying to connect to a webserver, or telnet, or ftp, or finger? the computer you are trying to 'connect' to might not have any services open, or even running, what os is the computer running, yours and the server.
if you are trying to ftp or telnet for example,. and you have the ftp and telnet services running, you may have to uncomment the corrosponding telnet and ftp service lines in your inetd.conf file, usually located in /etc also do a netstat -l i think to see if you have any servers listening for connections, that would be your first step, if what you want is running then go check out inetd.conf and see what you have to edit. good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

porblem with ping

Hello gurus I've a AIX machine running with version 4.3.3. I should to make some tests and I've installed AIX 4.3.3 again on that server. I've received this message when i made a ping on another server on the same net: 0821-069 ping: sendto : there is a request to a device or address that does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nymus7
1 Replies

2. AIX

Porblem with errorlog

hi all, i am facing a problem that my error log was empty(0 byte). i dont whether threr is any mistake or my server working that much nicly...... please find some output down. # errpt 0315-180 logread: UNEXPECTED EOF 0315-171 Unable to process the error log file /var/adm/ras/errlog.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrlog
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. Solaris

PC-X connection

Hi all, I have just installed SunOS 10 at the first PC and exceed (pc-x server) at the second. I'm trying to connect to the first pc via exceed softvare. After entering login and pass, the exceed window immidiate close without any errors (if CDE or JDS has been chosen). Via exceed working just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marauder62
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

db connection

Hi, I'm trying to write a script which will run a select on db. #!/usr/bin/ksh SQL_INPUT_FILE=file_name.sql SQL_OUTPUT_FILE=output.txt MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/opt/SUNWspro/man:/usr/local/man... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
2 Replies

8. AIX

IP connection

Hi, I have a server AIX 5.3 Few people have the root password and somebody used the root login to erase a file (command rm in the .sh_history of root). :mad: I would like to know if a file exist with what ip address has been connected. I want to find the guilty!!! :D Thanks guys (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DB connection

hi Im unable to find how this script in conencting to DB and which DB and job is scheduled in TWS to run this script. Any sugggestion where to look for or how to get information. please find below part of script for DB conenction. ##### SET VARIABLES ################## rundate=`date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saif2825
1 Replies
SHONEYPOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SHONEYPOT(8)

NAME
thpot - Tiny honeypot to setup simple (and fake) services SYNOPSIS
thpot [service name] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the thpot command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the GNU Info format; see below. thpot is a program that enables you to fake services by configuring it to be executed through either xinetd or inetd. All the connection attempts and sessions to simulated services are logged under /var/log/thpot. OPTIONS
This program takes as argument the name of the service which is being simulated, it can be anyone of shell, ftp, http, mssql, smtp, pop3 or ssh. If the service name is none of these a null response is returned (but the session is logged) FILES
/var/log/thpot Location of the connections attempts and sessions to the honeypot services. /etc/thpot/thp.conf Configuration for the honeypot /usr/share/thpot/ Miscellaneous files and functions used by thpot SEE ALSO
inetd.conf(5), inetd(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). September 17, 2003 SHONEYPOT(8)