Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LAN Card Problem !
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users LAN Card Problem ! Post 25491 by nikk on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 08:34:58 AM
Old 07-31-2002
LAN Card Problem !

The Lan card in one of our UIII WS's seem doesn't work,so with ping command i can not see any of the machines in LAN and with some other tests i'm sure it's not OK.

I tried to use the second card on PCI port ,but the replaced card was one of the ordinary card for PC's ...by the way after putting the card on the system ,in OK prom mode by typing "show-devs" i didn't get any interface like hme* & besides the last card ,i got sth like "....network@4" , after booting up i tried to see wether it has been detected or no by :
"ndd -set /dev/hme1 " that was rejected by system.
so i think i should use the sun original PCI card for replacement that is detectable by Solaris Kernel.
Pls. tell me wether i'm right or any comment?

Bests,
Nikk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

lan card autonegotiation?

what is lan card autonegotiation ? how to enable and disable this feature? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabil_boussetta
2 Replies

2. SCO

LAN card problem

Dear all Im facing one problem in SCO 5.0.5 , its that in the server there are three LAN cards INTEL PRO 100 series but when we configure all the three cards then LAN stops working . self ping is possible but no one can ping the server. If we remove driver of any one card LAN starts working. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccvyas
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

4. SCO

lan card not detecting

hi all i have installed SCO 5.0.5 on a "Netfinity 5000" IBM server. But the OS is not detecting the lan card. how can i detect it.... help and thanks in advance . bidhayak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bidhayakm
3 Replies

5. Programming

LAN card status Information

Please tell me API in Solaris / Linux / UNIX to get status information of LAN card. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

6. Linux

How to check the LAN card?

Hi. I have a lan card installed on my server. I want to check the duplex speed of it. How can I check it? Help is appreciated. Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't ping new PCI LAN card x4270_m2

Hi, I've recently moved my pci LAN card from Slot2 Slot5 on my sun x4270_m2 server (solaris 10). I've done the touch / reconfigure and devfsadm, however my issue is that im able to configure the e1000g7 port with an ip address (192.168.0.1) but if i plug my laptop (set with static ip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
7 Replies

9. Linux

Lan card not reaching Gateway

Hi, I have this problem on RHEL box. I am using two NIC's of same model and make (Intel 82557) in the adjacent PCI slots . I am using each one for different subnet and have assigned them ipaddresses and gateways of respective subnets . While one is O.K. connecting to its ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

PC cannot reach two lan card Linux box

we have red hat 6 linux box There are two lan card one lan card eth0 have ip 10.82.190.31/24 GW 10.82.190.254 2th lan card eth1 have ip 10.82.188.33/24 GW 10.82.188.254 I have below route ... I use two route table root@xxx# netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.13) February 2000 CARD(1)