Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding multiple file types with "-o" Post 25411 by Shakey21 on Tuesday 30th of July 2002 02:46:40 AM
Old 07-30-2002
thanks

but nup, it doesn't seem to work

i tried this:

find . -name "*"[pl][pm]

(but it doesn't seem to pick up the *.pl files) and i tried variations of this also....

and I would grep it however (i should have mentioned it before) I wish to add some extra parameters on the find command line. ie find . \( -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.tag" \) -exec grep -il "text" {} \;

additionally:

does the pipe character substitute an OR command only for a single character? ie find . -name "*.p[l|m]"

this works, however I am looking for 3 digit and different file extensions.
Shakey21

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting multiple file "puts" in sFTP...

I need to send multiple files to a remote server via sFTP. I had everything set up to connect and send a single file automatically using a batch file and key authentication. Recently, however, the process has changed and we now need to send multiple files, one at a time, pausing for up to ten... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK for multiple line records RS="^" FS="#"

I have to pull multiple line records with ^ as the record separator(RS)... # should be my field separator (FS)... Sample record is: ^-60#ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource ORA-00001: unique constraint (SARADM.TCKNUM_PK) violated#PROC:AVAILABLE_FOR_GETNXTTIC#02/27/2012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pgmtexture(1)						      General Commands Manual						     pgmtexture(1)

NAME
pgmtexture - calculate textural features on a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
pgmtexture [-d d] [pgmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable graymap as input. Calculates textural features based on spatial dependence matrices at 0, 45, 90, and 135 degrees for a distance d (default = 1). Textural features include: (1) Angular Second Moment, (2) Contrast, (3) Correlation, (4) Variance, (5) Inverse Difference Moment, (6) Sum Average, (7) Sum Variance, (8) Sum Entropy, (9) Entropy, (10) Difference Variance, (11) Difference Entropy, (12, 13) Information Measures of Correlation, and (14) Maximal Correlation Coefficient. Algorithm taken from: Haralick, R.M., K. Shanmugam, and I. Dinstein. 1973. Textural features for image classification. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. BUGS
The program can run incredibly slow for large images (larger than 64 x 64) and command line options are limited. The method for finding (14) the maximal correlation coefficient, which requires finding the second largest eigenvalue of a matrix Q, does not always converge. REFERENCES
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. SEE ALSO
pgm(5), pnmcut(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, employer for hire of James Darrell McCauley. 22 Aug 1991 pgmtexture(1)