Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to run debugging on c program Post 25392 by ibeg on Monday 29th of July 2002 04:54:13 PM
Old 07-29-2002
how to run debugging on c program

Can someone help me debug a c program I am running? It gives me segmentation fault.

I want to turn on debugging. Can some one give the command to turn it on?

Below is the error I get:

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a program to run

Please help, I have tried to run this program countless times and still nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. $ cat>test count=1 while do echo "5" read number echo $5 let count=count+ 1 done exit 0 ^C$ ksh test $ ^C $ ksh test $ $ nothing happend (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctiamaria
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Debugging a c/c++ program

Can anyone tell the commands we use for debugging a programm in dbx with explanation for each? Iam totally new to unix environment (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogarams
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot run program

Hi, I have a program in /opt/local/bin, my path in my .profile is export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH however when i type the program name it cannot find it, however i know the program is in /opt/local/bin? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

5. Programming

Debugging Program during execution

I have made use of 'valgrind' and -finstrument-functions compiler option for debugging / analyzing code. Both the options lets us know the line / file being executed to some extent. Is there a generic way that lets program dump the file:line it is getting executed dumped to a log file during... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hey, im editing the passwd file so that when the user ben logs in it runs my assign program. I changed the last column from to Then when i log in i get... There is no problem with the program because it runs fine when i open it normally. Any help much appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
8 Replies

7. Programming

Run time Debugging

We have recently downloaded, installed and compiled gcc-3.0.4 code. gcc compiler has built successfully and we where able to compile some same test cpp file. I would like to know how we can modify gcc source code so that we add additional run time debugging statements like the binary in execution... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program as another user

I have a bash script that launches another problem. I need to run that program under a certain user account. The script itself is run using 'sudo <scriptname>'. #!/bin/bash myprogram=... exec "$myprogram" How would this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carson Dyle
1 Replies

9. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator?

have been trying for a few weeks not to get this program running. I am newer to programming and it has definitely been a challenge. I think my problem arises with my if statement. I can get it to append the name to the new file, but it simply appends the whole sequence to the file rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haley6719
3 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Fault - Represents the WSDL pod describing the fault of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Fault; my $fault = new Pod::WSDL::Fault('_FAULT My::Fault This happens if something happens'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Fault. The method needs one parameter, the fault string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)