Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Programming C in Linux
Top Forums Programming Programming C in Linux Post 2519 by PxT on Thursday 17th of May 2001 01:13:54 PM
Old 05-17-2001
1. Yes. Almost the entire Linux kernel is written in C (with some ASM). Thats not going away any time soon. There are literally thousands of other open-source projects out there using C. Great resource to learn from.

2. Maybe someone else can answer this, I have always just used 'vi' as my development environment. Smilie

3. Unlike Windows, Linux is designed in such a way that even if your app crashes, it wont take the whole system down with it. It is possible to write a program which will consume all the memory/disk available, but that is slightly different... There may be an easy solution to that, but I am not aware of it.

4. Other than the socket (networking) interface, most things are identical for a CLI program. If you are designing a GUI, then obviously the two platforms diverge greatly.

HTH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Any Usefull Ebooks on Linux Programming?

Hi Forum! Is there anybody who can tell me where I can find some cool books on linux ( RH exclusively! if possible ) programming? :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

2. Linux

Need Help Of Linux Programming

hi frnds i need help on linux programming as well as how to configure linux. if u feel free than plz forward me the mail so that i can go through. email removed thanx regards :) vishwa pratap singh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckyvishwa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Programming in JAvA

is it advisible to do Linux Programming in JAVA.. If so, whats the advantage over C++ or C.. Cud anyone also help me out by providing some links in this regard.. Would be highly appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
1 Replies

4. Programming

c programming in linux

can you guys please let me know what are some of the c programming environment program? you know the ones with checking syntax and auto indentation and such.. dont want to just use vi (although someone did mention to me that in vim, there are capabilities.. but not sure how) thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
6 Replies

5. Linux

Linux programming

Hi friends! I am new be in Linux system programing. Can you help me to get running processes statistics (pid, uid, %cpu, %mem, pri, ni) without using any commands like TOP, PS. Can you tell me any system call available to get %cpu only or %mem only? Even i include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatgopu
2 Replies

6. Linux

C programming in linux

Hi friends In my linux application, i want to update output in same place i.e.. I want to display my output in specific location in screen(console output) ITERATION 1: (e.g. start diplay from 5th ROW 5th COLOUMN) if my message is "hi" then first time 'h' should print in 5th ROW... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatgopu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming in Linux

Hi, I have been working on Sun Solaris since a long time. Recently I got to work on RH Linux. My Linux version details are: Linux 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a simple command in my shell script: export BKPTAG=`date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux programming

Develop a program to display file given on the command line to STDOUT, please give sample program (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
2 Replies
IP-TOKEN(8)							       Linux							       IP-TOKEN(8)

NAME
ip-token - tokenized interface identifier support SYNOPSIS
ip token { COMMAND | help } ip token set TOKEN dev DEV ip token del dev DEV ip token get [ dev DEV ] ip token [ list ] DESCRIPTION
IPv6 tokenized interface identifier support is used for assigning well-known host-part addresses to nodes whilst still obtaining a global network prefix from Router advertisements. The primary target for tokenized identifiers are server platforms where addresses are usually manually configured, rather than using DHCPv6 or SLAAC. By using tokenized identifiers, hosts can still determine their network prefix by use of SLAAC, but more readily be automatically renumbered should their network prefix change [1]. Tokenized IPv6 Identifiers are described in the draft [1]: <draft-chown-6man-tokenised-ipv6-identifiers-02>. ip token set - set an interface token set the interface token to the kernel. TOKEN the interface identifier token address. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token del - delete an interface token delete the interface token from the kernel. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token get - get the interface token from the kernel show a tokenized interface identifier of a particular networking device. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip token set but the TOKEN must be left out. ip token list - list all interface tokens list all tokenized interface identifiers for the networking interfaces from the kernel. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Daniel Borkmann iproute2 28 Mar 2013 IP-TOKEN(8)