Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help this Dummie
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help this Dummie Post 2511 by mib on Thursday 17th of May 2001 06:13:45 AM
Old 05-17-2001
I think this has been answerd before by some one else.

try:
http://www.samba.org
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samb...ollection.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Question, Can anyone take a screen shot of a UNIX system?

Since i have never seen one of these systems, i am just curious of how it looks. Btw if unix is not a GUI then is it possible to take a screenshots (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Punk18
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Please Help With Unix And Win Xp

Please help : I have a question i am just starting to study UNIX and i need some advice,as my teacher isn,t the helpful type. I have just formatted my pc and partitioned it with win98 and winxp, do i need to create a partion for UNIX ??? OR is UNIX run in whatever partion i want it ???? Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DAFFYY30
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie: How do I get variables mid program

I'm writing a simple program in unix and was wondering how mid switch I can run a program and get someone to enter variables for it i.e.: #!/bin/csh -f echo "If you wish to do v press v" echo "If you wish to compile press c" echo "If you wish to add an entry press a" echo "If you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardB
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie question on ping (loopback)

what's the point of having loopback when you can just ping your local ip address? for example if my ip is 1.1.1.1, why can't i just do ping 5 1.1.1.1 instead of ping 5 127.0.1.1? it seems to me the only point in having it is for the sake of convenience? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinduy
2 Replies

5. Linux

dummie questions

im a copletely newbie... i havent installed linux yet, but i wanna quit windows cuz i dont get it anymore... anything is better than this :mad: ... anyway...: does linux runs all file extensions thats windows does? i mean, .doc, .exe, .bat, .psp, etc? i reallly dunno how it works... normal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guare_skt
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

true dummie calling

hi i think this will make me seem dummier than most, actually i don't even understand most of the posts in the dummie section... i have a project and i need to learn fortran programming, im working on a windows xp pc and so i have installed cygwin. and the cygwin site basically says learn unix so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyhive
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dummie ksh

Please help me with a newbie ksh question: I want a script in ksh (under Solaris 8 - SPARC) who runs a "ls -lR" command in some directory and it looks after all the files with the same date as the current one and/or created in the last 24 hours (or N hours). The script should do: - if no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Dummie Here!

I know absolutely NOTHING about Unix but want to learn. How should I go about learning it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gosade
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm a dummie!

Hi I was installing 10.04. At 38 minutes remaining it froze and stayed that way for about 2 hours. I shut it down and now It's "frozen" for lack of a better term. ubuntu screen comes up, goes to black screen with blinking cursor. Anyone? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 08:03 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: martinnod
1 Replies
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)				      OpenSSL				     SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method - handle SSL/TLS integrated compression methods SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(int id, COMP_METHOD *cm); DESCRIPTION
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() adds the compression method cm with the identifier id to the list of available compression methods. This list is globally maintained for all SSL operations within this application. It cannot be set for specific SSL_CTX or SSL objects. NOTES
The TLS standard (or SSLv3) allows the integration of compression methods into the communication. The TLS RFC does however not specify compression methods or their corresponding identifiers, so there is currently no compatible way to integrate compression with unknown peers. It is therefore currently not recommended to integrate compression into applications. Applications for non-public use may agree on certain compression methods. Using different compression methods with the same identifier will lead to connection failure. An OpenSSL client speaking a protocol that allows compression (SSLv3, TLSv1) will unconditionally send the list of all compression methods enabled with SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() to the server during the handshake. Unlike the mechanisms to set a cipher list, there is no method available to restrict the list of compression method on a per connection basis. An OpenSSL server will match the identifiers listed by a client against its own compression methods and will unconditionally activate compression when a matching identifier is found. There is no way to restrict the list of compression methods supported on a per connection basis. The OpenSSL library has the compression methods COMP_rle() and (when especially enabled during compilation) COMP_zlib() available. WARNINGS
Once the identities of the compression methods for the TLS protocol have been standardized, the compression API will most likely be changed. Using it in the current state is not recommended. RETURN VALUES
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() may return the following values: 0 The operation succeeded. 1 The operation failed. Check the error queue to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
ssl(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)