Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question Post 2495 by jwbrown on Wednesday 16th of May 2001 11:14:54 AM
Old 05-16-2001
Thanks, I think that I am going to test these scripts like you suggested just to have the experience, and then I will install it. Thanks again.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv question

Hello if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure . But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example : I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2 foo1 have directories and foo2 have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
lsmsad(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lsmsad(8)

NAME
lsmsad - Starts the Storage Administrator (SA) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lsmsad DESCRIPTION
The SA daemon, lsmsad, is a process required by lsmsa, the SA graphical user interface (GUI). The daemon issues commands and obtains system information on behalf of SA. The SA daemon runs on a Tru64 UNIX system on which LSM is initialized and running. The SA client runs on any machine that supports the Java Runtime Environment. The SA daemon is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, the daemon does not need to be run manually. If SA does not start during the boot process, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa stop To restart SA, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa start Only one SA daemon can be running on a system at a given time. If a second SA daemon attempts to start, it will fail. RESTRICTIONS
You must be root user to run lsmsad. FILES
The script that starts lsmsad at boot time. The command log file that tracks SA tasks. The access log file that tracks login to SA. The server log file that tracks server startup information and server errors. The log maintenance shell script that saves and compresses log files. SEE ALSO
lsmsa(8), volintro(8) lsmsad(8)