Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Start-up file location
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Start-up file location Post 24945 by daveo61 on Monday 22nd of July 2002 05:06:54 AM
Old 07-22-2002
'uname -a' returns the following:

BEL1 BEL1 4.0 3.0 3441 Pentium III(TM)-ISA/PCI

Checked all locations suggested and came up with nothing.

Dave.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix dictionary location

ne1 know where unixs built in dictionary is??? is it in this place /usr/dict/words????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying the URL to point to another location in a .sh UNIX file

Hello, I wanted to know how I could change my UNIX script to point to a URL location different from what I had specified earlier. For instance, in my shell script, I want to change the parameter for SMGR. Currently, SMGR = http://192.168.32.160:8084/Simmanr6 should be changed to SMGR =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check file and start the informatica server

Hi Rockers, I hope u r dng good one. I have a one question is in unix with informatica . I need a unix script to check whether particular file exists in the folder , If it means we have a informatica server , so we can start the informatica server by accessing that file. Every week we have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukrishnan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file from UNIX to shared location

Hi All, I want to transfer file from UNIX to shared locataion . Shared location doesn't resides on my system. Can somebody tell me is there any way i can transfer file from UNIX to shared location without using any tool WINSCP. Thanks, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit786
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tell UNIX to start from the oldest file?

Hello, I have a simple while loopinside the script and I wish to tell unix to start reading from the oldest txt file. So, in case some new txt files are transferred into the same folder, the script will not take into consideration until all older files are completely processed. How may I do this?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from UNIX to shared location using shell script

Is there any possible way transfering the file from unix to shared location using shell script. i had created the batch script to fetch the files from unix to shared location and it works fine. Due to some problem in windows unable to transfer the file to shared location automatically. can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
GET_END(3)						     Library Functions Manual							GET_END(3)

NAME
get_end, get_etext, get_edata - get values of UNIX link editor defined symbols SYNOPSIS
#include <mach-o/getsect.h> unsigned long get_end(); unsigned long get_etext(); unsigned long get_edata(); DESCRIPTION
These routines provide a stopgap measure to programs that use the UNIX link-editor defined symbols. Use of these routines is very strongly discouraged. The problem is that any program that is using UNIX link editor defined symbols (_end, _etext or _edata) is making assumptions that the program has the memory layout of a UNIX program. This is an incorrect assumption for a program built by the Mach-O link editor. The reason that these routines are provided is that if very minimal assumptions about the layout are used and the default format and memory layout of the Mach-O link editor is used to build the pro- gram, some things may work by using the values returned by these routines in place of the addresses of their UNIX link-editor defined sym- bols. So use at your own risk, and only if you know what your doing. Or better yet, convert the program to use the appropriate Mach or Mach-O functions. If you are trying to allocate memory use vm_allocate(2), if you are trying to find out about your address space use vm_region(2) and if you are trying to find out where your program is loaded use the dyld(3) functions. The values of the UNIX link-editor defined symbols _etext, _edata and _end are returned by the routines get_etext, get_edata, and get_end respectively. In a Mach-O file they have the following values: get_etext returns the first address after the (__TEXT,__text) section, note this my or may not be the only section in the __TEXT segment. get_edata returns the first address after the (__DATA,__data) section, note this my or may not be the last non-zero fill section in the __DATA segment. get_end returns the first address after the last segment in the executable, note a shared library may be loaded at this address. SEE ALSO
ld(1), dyld(3) Apple Computer, Inc. April 10, 1998 GET_END(3)