Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find -name "*.txt" in Korn Shell Script Post 24845 by jwperry on Thursday 18th of July 2002 11:35:19 AM
Old 07-18-2002
Find -name "*.txt" in Korn Shell Script

The following find command works on the Korn Shell command line:

find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -type f -name "*.txt" -mtime +100

In the particular directory I'm in, the above find will list correctly the three text files that exist that haven't been modified in over 100 days:

./ep75150aA.txt
./ep13217a_rx_history11122001150339.txt
./ep13217a_rx_history12112001162013.txt
./Report2_ep75150a.txt

When that same find command runs within a Korn Shell script (against the same dir), it does not list the three files. It only shows:

drwxrwxrwx 2 7 devel 150528 Jul 18 11:28 .

What am I missing?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell "select" command

I wish to display a full "ls -l" line per selection using the korn shell "select" command. ie : 1) -rw-rw---- 1 u22adm tbs 6144 Mar 15 10:29 y.dat 2) -rw-rw---- 1 u22adm tbs 4096 Mar 15 10:29 y.idx etc etc I can get spaces in : select f in "a a" "b b" "c c"; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpegler
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell "loops & arrays"

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will loop until a certain action has been performed. I have two files i would like to compares. For example: file1 has a list of user ids (about 900) from the company's e-mail server. file2 has a list of user ids (about 50 or so) from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzica
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

5. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find error?? find / -name "something.txt" 2>/dev/null

why is this giving me errors? i type this in: find / -name "something.txt" 2>/dev/null i get the following error messages: find: bad option 2 find: path-list predicate-list :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magiling
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Programming

[Python] replicating "sha256 -C checksum_file.txt file.txt"

Hello everyone, Since my python knowledge is limimted, I've challenged myself to learn as much as possible to help me with my carrere. I'm currently trying to convert a shell script to python, just to give myself a task. There is one section of the script that I'm having issues converting and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies
ARD-PARSE-BOARDS(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ARD-PARSE-BOARDS(1)

NAME
ard-parse-boards - Read data from the Arduino boards.txt file USAGE
Dump all the data in the file: $ ard-parse-boards --dump See which boards we know about: $ ard-parse-boards --boards Look for a particular board... $ ard-parse-boards --find uno multiple terms are implicitly ANDed: $ ard-parse-boards --find duemil 328 Dump all the data for a particular board: $ ard-parse-boards atmega328 Extract a particular field: $ ard-parse-boards atmega328 build.f_cpu DESCRIPTION
The Arduino software package ships with a boards.txt file which tells the Arduino IDE details about particular hardware. So when the user says he's got a shiny new Arduino Uno, boards.txt knows that it has a 16MHz ATmega328 on it. It would be nice to access these data from the command line too. In normal operation you simply specify the tag given to the board in the boards.txt file, and optionally a field name. This program then extracts the data to STDOUT. Most boards have names which are quite unwieldy, so we always refer to a board by a tag, not its name. Strictly the tag is the bit before the first dot in the boards.txt key. You can see a list of board tags and names with the "--boards" option. OPTIONS
--boards_txt=[file] Specify the full path to the boards.txt file. The following options all disable the normal 'lookup' operation. --dump Dump the complete database in YAML format. --boards Print a list of the tag and name of every board in the file. --find [query] <query> ... Find matching data. Strictly, return a list of values which match all of the query terms, treating each term as a case-insensitive regexp. For example: --find 328 List data containing 328 (anywhere in the value). --find due List data containing 'due' (e.g. duemilanove). --find 328 due List data containing both 328 and due. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
There are no known bugs in this application. Please report problems to the author. Patches are welcome. AUTHOR
Martin Oldfield, ex-atelier@mjo.tc Thanks to Mark Sproul who suggested doing something like this to me ages ago. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011, Martin Oldfield. All rights reserved. This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MAY 2012 ARD-PARSE-BOARDS(1)