Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users getting a DISPLAY from another client Post 24685 by MrOrange on Tuesday 16th of July 2002 03:20:18 PM
Old 07-16-2002
btw, it is not to be done on your machine...
it is to be done on the user's machine where the application is

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Client Ip Address

I have a UNIX daemon program which takes client connections via TCP/IP sockets. What I need to know is if there is any way of getting the IP address of the client socket once a connection has been made... or do I have to code my client to send it manually ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multihomed Client

Hi, I am writing a socket program at the moment that uses both of the clients network interfaces. The program tries to create two socket connections to the server over a LAN connection and a GPRS connection. I have tried to update the routing table using the route command but that proved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhynes
0 Replies

3. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

CJS installation problem(client display:requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4)

hi can anyone fine a solution thwe the problem that am facing i was trying to install sun4v client vth sol10_U8, but when i played "boot net" its asking for "requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4 plz give me a sol for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all_is_well
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH Client

Hi Gurus, I need an SSH client to connect to a Solaris server from windows and run a few scripts. I am able to put/pull files using "psftp" using below command: psftp -l <username> -pw <password> <hostname> -b <batchfile> However i am unable to find an equivalent for ssh. I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

7. Fedora

VNC Client/Server has different display

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)					     systemd-machine-id-setup					     SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similar, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
This tool does not take any options or arguments. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 10/07/2013 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)