Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory limit
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory limit Post 24622 by merlin on Monday 15th of July 2002 07:13:34 PM
Old 07-15-2002
Directory limit

I'm setting up a file server for users. Does anyone know how I can limit each users directory to 500MB?

--------------
Runing Solaris 8
merlin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

limit to number of files in a given directory

Everyone, We are on a unix AIX 4.3 platform and our application is written as such that all configuration files must reside in a specific directory. Currently there are over 10,000 files in this directory (and growing at about 300 per month). My question is is there a physical limit to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I limit the size of a directory?

Hi, I am not root, but I need to limit the size of my directory, so that it cannot contain more than 200M of stuff inside. Is this possible? Also, how can I see the total size of that directory? If I do ls -ltrd, it does not give me the size of all the files inside the directory. And if I do df... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

3. Linux

Limit directory size

Hello I want to limit the size of a directory; so a user cant copy more staff inside it then 5 Giga for example.. eg. /nfs/temp/jhon size can not increase more that 5Gb I havnt found anything on the net. Is there a way to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to change directory limit in Solaris?

Hi, I am using Solaris 10. i was trying to make a new directory in /u04 but it don't let me make directory unless i remove some other directories. i issued the following command df -F ufs -o i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory size limit

Hey everyone I'm trying to limit the size a directory can be under Solaris 10. I can find plenty of guides to do it for user home directories, ut what I'm after is an absolute limit, regardless of the user. For example: I want /export/example/ to never pass say 5 GB, no matter what user is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setfacl directory limit

hello, I am using XFS filesystem & ACL (setfacl/getfacl). I can set ACL entries only for 21 users per one directory. For the 22nd user it shows invalid argument. Has somebody the same problem? I need to override this limit. thnks in advance david (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigd
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory

Hi, I have searched "Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory" subject for 3 days. I found proftp and vsftp but i couldn't compile and install. Is there any idea. Please suggest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamurd
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is there limit on number of ACLs' per directory in Redhat

I work on a distribution application on Linux which generates bulk reference data extract feeds and stores them on a Linux server. I have several consumer applications access the files stored on this Linux server using FTPS protocol. However in order for consumer applications to have access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
2 Replies

10. AIX

Limit directory Size in AIX

Hello I have a disk mounted on my AIX server and inside the disk, I want to create 3 directories with max size limit, so that the directories can be limited to pre-defined size. Eg: My total disk size is 350 GB and I want to limit dir1 to max of 100 GB, dir 2 to 75 GB and dir 3 to 60 GB and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)

NAME
qpsmtpd-forkserver - Fork-on-demand server for qpsmtpd SYNOPSIS
qpsmtpd-forkserver [options] DESCRIPTION
qpsmtpd-forkserver is the qpsmtpd frontend script which binds to the SMTP TCP socket and forks as clients connect. OPTIONS
--port port, -p port Binds to a specific port, instead of the default 2525. --user user, -u user On startup, switch to run as user instead of the starting user. Applies only when started as root (as is normal when listening on port 25). --limit-connections limit, -c limit Accept at most limit simultaneous connections. Inbound connections beyondthis limit will be deferred or refused. --max-from-ip limit, -m limit Accept at most limit simultaneous connections from any given IP address; does not override --limit-connections, if set. --listen-address addr, -l addr Bind to the local address addr, instead of the default behavior of binding to all interfaces. Can be specified multiple times to bind to more than one interface or local address. --detach, -d Detach from the controlling terminal at startup, to run as a standalone daemon. See also --pid-file. --pid-file filename Upon startup, and after daemonizing if applicable, write the process ID to filename, for use by sysvinit control scripts or similar utilities. AUTHOR
Ask Bjorn Hansen <ask@develooper.com> http://smtpd.develooper.com/ qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)