Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux Processing Benchmarks ? Post 24598 by lcstephens on Monday 15th of July 2002 01:59:59 PM
Old 07-15-2002
Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS.

Thanks,
Lance

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can Word Processing be done with Linux?

I'm new to this entire Linux thing. I recenly acquired a used laptop with only DOS on it. I want to install Linux as my OS. The only thing I will use the computer for is basically Word Processing. I need the ability t save my documents in HTML format for transfer to other computers on occasion. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kitsune0nna
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

unix s/w download using benchmarks

I downloaded the unix s/w given in the bench marks to my home laptop. The C: drive isn't partitioned.The instructions are given to unzip, make and run. please list the proper ways to do the commands how to unzipa nd make them. should i partition my hard drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravus
3 Replies

5. Linux Benchmarks

Linux Benchmarks Makes No Sense

I created two computers with identical hardware, and run the benchmark programs in both starting at the same exact time. What makes no sense is that the computer that has the lower average index (121) finished the race a good 30 minutes ahead of the computer wich showed the higher avg index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philip_38
0 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

7. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
SPEED(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							       SPEED(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-speed, speed - test library performance SYNOPSIS
openssl speed [-help] [-engine id] [-elapsed] [-evp algo] [-decrypt] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] [-primes num] [-seconds num] [-bytes num] [algorithm...] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands or list --cipher-commands command. The global CSPRNG is denoted by the rand algorithm name. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -engine id Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. -elapsed When calculating operations- or bytes-per-second, use wall-clock time instead of CPU user time as divisor. It can be useful when testing speed of hardware engines. -evp algo Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via the EVP interface. If algo is an AEAD cipher, then you can pass <-aead> to benchmark a TLS-like sequence. And if algo is a multi-buffer capable cipher, e.g. aes-128-cbc-hmac-sha1, then -mb will time multi- buffer operation. -decrypt Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the EVP testing. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. -primes num Generate a num-prime RSA key and use it to run the benchmarks. This option is only effective if RSA algorithm is specified to test. -seconds num Run benchmarks for num seconds. -bytes num Run benchmarks on num-byte buffers. Affects ciphers, digests and the CSPRNG. [zero or more test algorithms] If any options are given, speed tests those algorithms, otherwise a pre-compiled grand selection is tested. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 SPEED(1SSL)