Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To start login/programms on boot up Post 24538 by skant on Sunday 14th of July 2002 10:28:17 AM
Old 07-14-2002
Question To start login/programms on boot up

Dears,

I m using SCO V and running 3 different aplications (has different logins) constantly on the server console in 3 different screens.

I want to develop a script which can start the programms on booting the systems. OR If automatic login can be configured on different screens will help me better.

Thanx in advance.

Shreekant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start a process at boot up time

Hi, I have a program that check the IP address and automatic update it to the DNS server. I would like to run this program when the computer bootup after pppd get a connection. How do I add it to the init file. Does any one have any information of how to do it. I run a Linux Mandrake as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. Solaris

nfsd won't start at boot up

Hi Inexplicably, nfsd no longer starts automatically on our Sun boxes running Solaris 9, so that 'automount' no longer functions automatically. The problem first manifested itself when we could not access files on any of the nfs automounted directories in our LAN after one of the servers (say... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcshungu
19 Replies

3. SuSE

Start Asterisk at boot?

Hello, I am running a SuSe 9.3 server. That have Asterisk. Asterisk are working fine/perfect. But what I want to do is to make it start up at boot. When I have started the computer can I type: sudo /root/Asterisk-1.0.8/Asterisk And it goes of. No problem. But I want it to do that by itself... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hast5
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Using LOM port to start boot solaris 10

Hi. Hopefully a question with a very short answer. Previously I have been using a windows hyperterminal to boot solaris 10 systems (SunFire) over a serial lom cable. I want to perform the same operation from a solaris 8 machine to boot solaris 10. Can anyone tell me what commands I should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RottingBadger
2 Replies

5. SuSE

How to start Apache2 and vsftpd at boot

My apache and ftp server is working fine but when I reboot the system ftp and web server is not running automatically. Please advise on how to start apache and ftp at boot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP UX start process at boot time

When I get start program at boot I read which run level /sbin/rcx.d runlevel=0.....x only read directory which directory name has UpperCase 'S' is not enough someone says that I need to reference another file which file I need to reference 1)/etc/rc.config.d/all file which parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS does not start during boot process

Hello, I am facing some issues during boot process of rhel 6.2 It takes too long time (~10 min) for the node to come up... The boot process stuck while it trying to start NFS and does not continue until timeout. In the boot.log file i see Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Webmin dont want to start at boot

Hello, after webmin install, it was running, but after reboot, i need webmin to start automatically. I need this to be done without editting anything in webmin mysql (setting it from webmin admin area). So i tried chkconfig webmin on and added startup script to rc.local but still dont works..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables does not start on boot

Hello, I have an issue with iptables. The rules are already configured in /etc/sysconfig/iptables but when i reboot the node the service is not running or at least i can't see my rules. Below the configuration i did to start the service during boot. # chkconfig --list iptables iptables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
DMXGetScreenCount(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      DMXGetScreenCount(3)

NAME
DMXGetScreenCount - determine number of back-end screens SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXGetScreenCount(Display *dpy, int *screen_count); DESCRIPTION
DMXGetScreenCount() returns the number of back-end screens that a Xdmx(1) server controls. Since a DMX screen usually fills all of the available area on a back-end server, there is usually a one-to-one correspondence between DMX screens and backend servers. However, it is also possible for a DMX screen to cover only part of the available area on a back-end server, and for more than one DMX screens to occupy different parts of the visible area on the same back-end server. A DMX screen may be managed as a regular X screen in the Xdmx(1) server or may be joined with other DMX screens using Xinerama. RETURN VALUE
DMXGetScreenCount() sets screen_count and returns True unless there is a protocol error. NOTES
If Xinerama is active, only one logical screen will be available to clients of the Xdmx(1) server. However, this call will accurately reflect the number of composite back-end screens that the Xdmx(1) server is using. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenAttributes(3), DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMXGetScreenCount(3)