Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users getting a DISPLAY from another client Post 24537 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 14th of July 2002 09:47:49 AM
Old 07-14-2002
i dont know how to do what im going to try to describe but im sure someone else does, from the users computer that you wish to get the display from, you would just send the out put to your terminal. like if what you want to see is the screen, not in real time but i think you can just dump it to your terminal, i dont know how it would be done but do it like
$> cat file_to_be_sent_to_yourscreen > tty1
(or is it the <)
also could you actually do a cat of the, say its tty2 that you wnat to see? like:
$> cat /dev/tty2 > (or <) /dev/tty1

im posting this hopeing that someone with more knowledge about this will explain what im talking about a little better, haha or say if that wont work completly, but hope this helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Client Ip Address

I have a UNIX daemon program which takes client connections via TCP/IP sockets. What I need to know is if there is any way of getting the IP address of the client socket once a connection has been made... or do I have to code my client to send it manually ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multihomed Client

Hi, I am writing a socket program at the moment that uses both of the clients network interfaces. The program tries to create two socket connections to the server over a LAN connection and a GPRS connection. I have tried to update the routing table using the route command but that proved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhynes
0 Replies

3. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

CJS installation problem(client display:requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4)

hi can anyone fine a solution thwe the problem that am facing i was trying to install sun4v client vth sol10_U8, but when i played "boot net" its asking for "requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4 plz give me a sol for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all_is_well
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH Client

Hi Gurus, I need an SSH client to connect to a Solaris server from windows and run a few scripts. I am able to put/pull files using "psftp" using below command: psftp -l <username> -pw <password> <hostname> -b <batchfile> However i am unable to find an equivalent for ssh. I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

7. Fedora

VNC Client/Server has different display

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies
ul(1)								   User Commands							     ul(1)

NAME
ul - do underlining SYNOPSIS
ul [-i] [-t terminal] [filename]... DESCRIPTION
ul reads the named filenames (or the standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM. ul uses the /usr/share/lib/terminfo entry to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining. If the terminal is incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead. If the terminal can overstrike, or handles underlining automatically, ul degenerates to cat(1). If the terminal can- not underline, underlining is ignored. OPTIONS
-t terminal Override the terminal kind specified in the environment. If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored. If the terminal name is not found, no underlining is attempted. -i Indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at the underlining which is present in an nroff(1) output stream on a CRT-terminal. RETURN VALUES
ul returns exit code 1 if the file specified is not found. FILES
/usr/share/lib/terminfo/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cat(1), man(1), nroff(1), attributes(5) BUGS
nroff usually generates a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining. ul makes attempt to opti- mize the backward motion. SunOS 5.11 17 Mar 1994 ul(1)