Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users getting a DISPLAY from another client Post 24508 by Shaun23 on Friday 12th of July 2002 02:56:16 PM
Old 07-12-2002
OK guys,
tty-snoop doesn't work with SCO. Does anyone have any other advice or ideas? In SCO the watch command doesn't even work. What a dead OS... Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Shaun23

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Client Ip Address

I have a UNIX daemon program which takes client connections via TCP/IP sockets. What I need to know is if there is any way of getting the IP address of the client socket once a connection has been made... or do I have to code my client to send it manually ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multihomed Client

Hi, I am writing a socket program at the moment that uses both of the clients network interfaces. The program tries to create two socket connections to the server over a LAN connection and a GPRS connection. I have tried to update the routing table using the route command but that proved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhynes
0 Replies

3. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

CJS installation problem(client display:requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4)

hi can anyone fine a solution thwe the problem that am facing i was trying to install sun4v client vth sol10_U8, but when i played "boot net" its asking for "requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4 plz give me a sol for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all_is_well
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH Client

Hi Gurus, I need an SSH client to connect to a Solaris server from windows and run a few scripts. I am able to put/pull files using "psftp" using below command: psftp -l <username> -pw <password> <hostname> -b <batchfile> However i am unable to find an equivalent for ssh. I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

7. Fedora

VNC Client/Server has different display

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)