Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timeout problem
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory timeout problem Post 24459 by numpty on Thursday 11th of July 2002 11:43:25 PM
Old 07-12-2002
Data timeout problem

Hi

can anyone help with the following:-

when sending large e-mails via a ssh session the job always times out every 5 min before the mail is sent, this means that a user has to tap a key to stop it timming out. Is there a way to stop this from happening.

Numpty

Last edited by numpty; 07-12-2002 at 01:52 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl problem occur i cant shoudown

Hi... This is message that occurs when i am trying to shutdown the linux system timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl how can i shutdown what is the problem here.. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set timeout?

When I run a script where the 1st parameter is ip address ftp -n -i -v $1 I hang here if the ip is wrong how to set a timeout something like if (20s not complete "ftp -n -i -v $1") then echo "error" fi Thanks a lot. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp expect timeout problem

hello All, I am doing SFTP using expect. We just change our server from sun solaris 8 to sun solaris 10. The script was working good on sun solaris 8. But it is giving problem on 10. from shell, SFTP is working fine.Please help me. What can be the problem. LIB_sftp_get() { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXCEPT timeout problem

i am trying to write an except script to ssh into a list of devices and run some commands, and i came across this problem, not every device is alive, which breaks the script, my script looks like this #!/usr/bin/expect # set defaults set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Freezing, Request Timeout - performance problem

Hi, The server is Redhat 5 32bit. It is not easy to produce the problem so I will just write the experienced problems not how it is produced. 1) During login, it shows the last login time and then waits for 3-4 seconds to give shell prompt (considerable) 2) Sometimes the connection window... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a Timeout

Hi I'm writing a script which based on a condition, restarts a set of servers. The problem I'm facing is, say if one of the server is down, my script stops there and fails to proceed. How can I ensure to set a timeout value on that script, so when the server is not reachable, the script should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathbalaji
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect timeout

Hello, I'm doing a simple script with expect (a telnet which works without user/pass), and I want to put a condition if timeout happens, then to print a message, but it doesn't work. The script looks like below: #!/usr/bin/expect log_user 0 set timeout 10 spawn telnet IP PORT send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow19
3 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restarExecutable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdmconfig(1m) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)