Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quota
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quota Post 2438 by jarthda on Monday 14th of May 2001 02:52:27 PM
Old 05-14-2001
Error

I'm new to Unix and I'm trying to determin how much space I have on this system. the box is dedicated to Oracle and I log in as the oracle user and type quota. It retrunes nothing. Then I log on as root and type quota -v oracle.. It returns nothing! Gosh this is actually a solaris 5.7 box. Am I in the wrong place?

There is a virtual link to another box (also solaris) that stores our archives for backup. I eed to know how much space is available there as well. Why doesnt quota work!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Quota-problem

Hello, I'm having some trouble with the quota's I've set on our HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800. Well not really with the quota's because I was able to set them and get them working without a problem but the problem resides somewhere with our AS/U (Advanced Server for HP9000 Release B.04.06.07 and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrizz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota Problem

Hi all! I'm a user of Debian Etch. I've problem with my accoun't quota. After I removed all of my files from my home directory, and typed: du -hs It showed me: 76K . But when I used quota command, it showed me: Disk quotas for user X (uid *********): Filesystem blocks quota ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Quota

Hi all, I am new to Unix admin. Can anyone tell me how to set disk quota for the users in /export/home directory? Pls specify the exact command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quota threshold

Hi, I am trying to make a script in which the user is notified once the disk space of the environment increases a particular threshold. I have made a script for it but I am facing an error while executing it. Could any one here guide me further?? Script #!/bin/sh warninglimit=350000... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
22 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help With Quota Script

Hi everyone I'm really new to all this but i need help creating a script that will produce the following for each user when they log on using bash You are currently using 91% of your quota Consider reducing your usage The 10 biggest directories in your home directory are: Size Directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snoop180
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

7. Linux

CentOS 5.3 quota

I am running on CentOS 5.3 x86 64bit. I setup quotas on /home as I thought successfully, I tested numerous times with a couple of different users. I login this morning and find my /home near 100% wondering what happened. I have one user that some how blew through his 3.5 gig quota and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Quota's on a Linux server

Guys, I have one question regarding the quotas on Linux machines. Say, there are 3 users (user1, user2, user3) in a group (group1). I set a quota limit on the group using "edquota -g grop1" and set to hard limit to 1GB. Does it mean, combined disc space usage of (user1, user2, user3) can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

quota script for windows XP

Hi I am Samba server which is working as a domain log on server for winxp client and user home directories are assigned 100MB quota on the linux drive. I am trying to get below script working so that user gets informed of his disk space usage. dim oFS, oFolder set oFS =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Setting quota

I would like to set quota for ALL USERS on a particular filesystem and the quota to be set for NEWLY CREATED USERS also. I am not sure, whether my question is clear. I can set quota for all users but my requirement is, I want the same quota to be set automatically for the user which is going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies
VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)					    System Administration tools 				      VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)

NAME
vfs_default_quota - store default quota records for Windows clients SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = default_quota DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. Many common quota implementations only store quotas for users and groups, but do not store a default quota. The vfs_default_quota module allows Samba to store default quota values which can be examined using the Windows Explorer interface. By default, Samba returns NO_LIMIT the default quota and refuses to update them. vfs_default_quota maps the default quota to the quota record of a user. By default the root user is taken because quota limits for root are typically not enforced. This module is stackable. OPTIONS
default_quota:uid = UID UID specifies the user ID of the quota record where the default user quota values are stored. default_quota:gid = GID GID specifies the group ID of the quota record where the default group quota values are stored. default_quota:uid nolimit = BOOL If this parameter is True, then the user whose quota record is storing the default user quota will be reported as having a quota of NO_LIMIT. Otherwise, the stored values will be reported. default_quota:gid nolimit = BOOL If this parameter is True, then the group whose quota record is storing the default group quota will be reported as having a quota of NO_LIMIT. Otherwise, the stored values will be reported. EXAMPLES
Store the default quota record in the quota record for the user with ID 65535 and report that user as having no quota limits: [global] vfs objects = default_quota default_quota:uid = 65535 default_quota:uid nolimit = yes VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)