Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting up FTP on Linux/Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers setting up FTP on Linux/Unix Post 24332 by KrazyGuyPaul on Wednesday 10th of July 2002 09:55:40 AM
Old 07-10-2002
Oh, and a third thing Smilie

I need it to dual boot with Windows 98 SE.

~ Paul

(Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to ammed this)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a personal FTP

Ok guys, i dont need a detailed guide from you guys if you dont want to give me one, but i would appreciate maybe a link to a newb step by step guide on how to create your own ftp :) Thanks alot! Jason (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearshifter
19 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setting up ftp to ip?

How can I set up a webpage from my computer, so that people knowing my ip-adress can connect? I'm using Ubuntu/linux and have some ftp programs but I have no idea how to set the up. Regards Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting username and password for ftp

hi, i have set up an FTP server in one of our systems. could some one tell me the procedure to set up the username and password for it to enable other users to access the server. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP vs FTP and going UNIX to LINUX

I have automated an ftp process that FTP's files from one UNIX box to another in the following format: ftp -n -v $REMOTE_SERV << EOF user $FTP_USER $FTP_PASS cd $REMOTE_PATH put $CUR_NAME $NEW_NAME bye But how can I accomplish this SFTPing from a UNIX box to a LINUX box? I've seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimBurke
4 Replies

5. Solaris

how to setting ftp

Dear expert, I have problem when try ftp to my unix box (solaris 10). I was setting /etc/default/login file for enable remote access. enabling service for ftp and in /etc/ftpd/ftpusers thereis exist root. but can not using root for ftp (message : 530 login incorrect) but with using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

6. Linux

FTP Logs in Linux/Unix

Hi, I need to get a hostory of users who FTP into a server. How can I do it in Linux/Unix? Is there a command for this? I do not want to use netstat -a as it gives only the list of users who have a session currently on the server. Can this be done with the "last" command? Please do let me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP account

Hi, I am new to the workd of FTP administration. I was asked to make an account on our FTP server so that someone can only download and upload to his home directory. The account is made but what settings/cconfiguration can I verify to ensure that the user has access to his home directory only?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP transfer from Linux to unix box

Hi, I transferred a tar.gz file from a linux server to a unix server using ftp. In the unix box when i untarred, only few files with zero bytes were copied and i get "tar dir : cksum error" Could anyone help me out ? Thanks & Regards, Abinaya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinaya
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Setting Up live FTP Server with Static IP in Red-Hat Linux 6

Hi Guys, I want to some guidance from you in setting up the Live FTP server in Redhat Linux 6 with Static IP 120.50.150.50. Now should I set my Static Public IP directly to my Linux machine? If so what whould be my sunbet mask? Is any type of natting required here? if so where would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer ftp jobs from hp UNIX to Linux 6.x using cronjobs

Hello, I am new to the Unix forum.I need inputs regarding the transferring the FTP jobs from Hp unix to Linux 6.x. Here are the steps that i followed in creating the job in Linux: 1. On the HP unix box logged in as root and gave the command crontab -l. The output i have a copied it to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AReddy
3 Replies
SOAPSH(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 SOAPSH(1)

NAME
SOAPsh.pl - Interactive shell for SOAP calls SYNOPSIS
perl SOAPsh.pl http://services.soaplite.com/examples.cgi http://www.soaplite.com/My/Examples > getStateName(2) > getStateNames(1,2,3,7) > getStateList([1,9]) > getStateStruct({a=>1, b=>24}) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) or # all parameters after uri will be executed as methods perl SOAPsh.pl http://soap.4s4c.com/ssss4c/soap.asp http://simon.fell.com/calc doubler([10,20,30]) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) DESCRIPTION
SOAPsh.pl is a shell for making SOAP calls. It takes two parameters: mandatory endpoint and optional uri (actually it will tell you about it if you try to run it). Additional commands can follow. After that you'll be able to run any methods of SOAP::Lite, like autotype, readable, encoding, etc. You can run it the same way as you do it in your Perl script. You'll see output from method, result of SOAP call, detailed info on SOAP faulure or transport error. For full list of available methods see documentation for SOAP::Lite. Along with methods of SOAP::Lite you'll be able (and that's much more interesting) run any SOAP methods you know about on remote server and see processed results. You can even switch on debugging (with call something like: "on_debug(sub{print@_})") and see SOAP code with headers sent and recieved. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SOAPSH(1)