Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple questions Post 24311 by champion on Wednesday 10th of July 2002 03:55:09 AM
Old 07-10-2002
Computer Simple questions

hi,

i am a total dummy of unix. i want to find out the following information from my Sun Solaris 8 Unix machine:

1) The command to display physical and virtual memory
2) The command to display the CPU
3) The command to display the total harddisk space.

thank u very much and have a nice day.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple grep questions

Hi all, My boss wants me to find out how often e-m users are accessing their account:confused:. The mail server keeps log of all logins. I want to use grep the 'usernames', but it should come out the moment it first encounters the username in the log. Can I do that? I want to avoid 10+ greps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 Simple Questions

Hi, I am a dummy in unix. I have 2 simple questions. 1) I am the adminstrator. I want to set a alias that applied to all the users. I do not want to update each user's .profile or .cshrc file. So is there a way to update it in one file so that it applies to all users ? Example : I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 simple questions the linux pros will be able to get. Pleese help!

Allright the situation is that i have a dual boot set up with windows xp and red hat 9.0. the problem is that my modem and sound card dont work with linux. I found a driver, and i have to download it with xp. My question is..... How do i actually copy the file to the linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nregenwether
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple ed questions - insert line with dot

Hi I've got a trivial question on using ed (yes, I know, other editors are better!) How do I insert a line that is just a single dot? (That is, how do I insert a line that starts with a dot and then new line) Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterl
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple make file questions....i think, thnx

Hello, I'm a noob when comes to make files.... My intentions for the use of my make file are not that of a usual compilation, etc. It is simply to copy some files from a RCS controlled area to a public area which has read rights only for a web page. My dilemma comes in the form of sub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roxydogg28
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

7. Solaris

Two simple questions about Solaris DCHP and Samba

I have two simple questions First is :can dhcp server NATIVE of solaris perform dhcp updates of bind via dnssec like dchpd on linux? Second: Is possible to build a pdc with samba and iplanet ldap server?Or is better with openldap? I never found howto or discussions about iplanet server. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. AIX

Simple AWK cleanup/questions AIX

I have an unfortunate need to redo a bunch of disk settings on a VIOS on AIX, so I was putting together a quick script to scrub everything it has, make the changes, and then put the mappings back. It works, I just am trying to get my awk a bit more up-to-snuff and wanted to know the proper way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

9. AIX

Simple questions about LPARs

Hello, I am looking into virtualizing AIX 7.1 on our p7 machine that already has AIX 7.1 installed on it. I have a few questions about them: 1) In order to gain LPAR functionality, do I need to purchase PowerVM software? 2) I read that LPARs are managed from locally attached graphical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)