Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding IP Addresses
Special Forums IP Networking Finding IP Addresses Post 2431 by Neo on Saturday 12th of May 2001 07:30:30 AM
Old 05-12-2001
netstat

Try the <b>netstat</B> utility. It provides the information you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip addresses

this might sound corny but i need help finding out about finding a persons ip address can u halp? and another question what the hell does ping mean??? thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonslayer100
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip Addresses

I'm not exactly sure what I can do with IPs... my friend won't tell me(don't ask me why, I figure it's cause he doesn't know either, hehe). I'm curious as to what theya re used for other than networking computers... if there IS any other purpose or use for them. That's all. --Evil_d00d (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evil_d00d
4 Replies

3. Programming

memory addresses

where is addresses(what kind of memory) like this one "df605d50". I want to print address of locan variable: printf("&i - %p", &i); and I have &i - df605d50. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paravozzz
0 Replies

4. Programming

memory addresses

you have three variables of type char, int and float in continous memory locations. How do you print the contents of each of these.??? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

6. Programming

LInear Addresses

Hi all, Even after reading many explanation the question still haunting me what's the difference between physical and linear addresses.Can we directly access physical addresses .If not then paging circuitry would have ensure contiguous physical addresses regardless of any linear addresses but this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

email addresses

Greetings to all. I have installed dadamail on my web site and it works extremely well. I have two questions: 1. I have modified dada to bounce bad emails, but only the first newsletter will use the modifications. If I create another list, it doesn't use the modification. What gives? 2. Are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbrowder
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ip addresses

Hello! I have logged in using Putty into another machine 'tele'. The ip address which i used to login to 'tele' is 192.168.1.3. Now while at 'tele' when i run "#ifconfig -a" i get the same ip address i.e, 192.168.1.3. But when i run "#arp tele" it gives the output: tele (10.143.128.8) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Virtual IP addresses

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip range addresses

I am trying to find a script that will generate all the ip addresses in particular range. Example: start: 41.0.0.0 end ip 41.1.1.2 32.32.35.3 to 32.32.36.0 Please help. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkkk
9 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)