Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need your help and opinion
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Need your help and opinion Post 24301 by dennie1 on Tuesday 9th of July 2002 08:01:51 PM
Old 07-09-2002
Thank you for the replies thus far. I have prioritized my company's networking needs in order of importance from 1-10 to help you better answer my question.

1. Stable
2. Reliable
3. Fast
4. Secure
5. Fairly inexpensive (both to maintain and set up)
6. cross platform
7. Good Tech Support

-dennie1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Your Opinion requested

Ladies/Gentlemen, I am looking for a web-based tool to keep track of my Sun inventory. The following list of fields are fields I would like to store: Root Passwd (needs to be secure) / Hostid / Console Port / IP Address / Platform / Application / Hostname . . . you get the point. Do any of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opinion

Hi, I am new at this site and at unix. I was reading some answers that the administrators and moderators have posted to others, and sometimes I feel like their a little sarcastic. I am asking just to be patient to me, I know nothing about unix but I do want to learn, and I think that positive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HN19
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second opinion on sed script

i'm trying to figure out a script that uses sed, and i'm not totally sure if it does what I think it does. The script... - takes in 3 inputs, $1, $2 are names. $3 is a file. - filename is a file. Here is what I'm trying to figure out: cat $3 | grep "id17" > var2 sed "s|@@.*||g" var2 >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opinion on modification for SMARTMON

Hello, I get the following in one of my error logs: Device /dev/sda, SATA disks accessed via libata are not currently supported by smartmontools. When libata is given an ATA pass-thru ioctl() then an additional '-d libata' device type will be added to smartmontools. --------------- I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Opinion on modification for SMARTMON

Hello, I get the following in one of my error logs: Device /dev/sda, SATA disks accessed via libata are not currently supported by smartmontools. When libata is given an ATA pass-thru ioctl() then an additional '-d libata' device type will be added to smartmontools. --------------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert opinion on iptables/torrents

Hello all, I want to deny any torrents passing thru linux box that are NOT encrypted. My ISP is doing packet inspection and gives warnings. I'd like to allow torrents when client sets encryption. Any thoughts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Something in my mind - what's your opinion ?

Dear Forum staff / Advisors / members , I am having something in my mind, about Linux / Unix possible Interview questions collections, I guess if I post them here,which might be useful for our members and for students, and in meantime we can discuss also about those questions, what's your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opinion on an easy shell script (mv)

:wall:I've this simple code: STF=/opt/aaa cat $STF | nice sort -u > $STF.new && mv $STF.new $STF Which works until today. What happened is that this script has been corrupted the FS, so I've to use fschk to repair the filesystem. I presume the move command executed just a little too early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: accolito
1 Replies

10. AIX

[Opinion] A Public Answer To Rob McNelly

Why Do We Need Root on the HMC? In this article in IBMSystems Magazine Rob McNelly asked the question Why Don't We Have Root on the HMC? and he goes on to justify why we indeed shouldn't have root - kinda. I think his arguments are not as valid as he perhaps thinks they are and what's more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
11 Replies
Class::Accessor::Fast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Class::Accessor::Fast(3pm)

NAME
Class::Accessor::Fast - Faster, but less expandable, accessors SYNOPSIS
package Foo; use base qw(Class::Accessor::Fast); # The rest is the same as Class::Accessor but without set() and get(). DESCRIPTION
This is a faster but less expandable version of Class::Accessor. Class::Accessor's generated accessors require two method calls to accompish their task (one for the accessor, another for get() or set()). Class::Accessor::Fast eliminates calling set()/get() and does the access itself, resulting in a somewhat faster accessor. The downside is that you can't easily alter the behavior of your accessors, nor can your subclasses. Of course, should you need this later, you can always swap out Class::Accessor::Fast for Class::Accessor. Read the documentation for Class::Accessor for more info. EFFICIENCY
"EFFICIENCY" in Class::Accessor for an efficiency comparison. AUTHORS
Copyright 2007 Marty Pauley <marty+perl@kasei.com> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. That means either (a) the GNU General Public License or (b) the Artistic License. ORIGINAL AUTHOR Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Class::Accessor perl v5.10.0 2009-09-15 Class::Accessor::Fast(3pm)