Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding IP Addresses
Special Forums IP Networking Finding IP Addresses Post 2429 by golfs4us on Friday 11th of May 2001 05:04:59 PM
Old 05-11-2001
Is there anyway to tell what my NT IP is while logging into my UNIX box. I have users accessing our NT network and then telneting into our Unix Box. I would like to restrict access somehow. My who commands only returns the users name and pts device which changes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip addresses

this might sound corny but i need help finding out about finding a persons ip address can u halp? and another question what the hell does ping mean??? thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonslayer100
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip Addresses

I'm not exactly sure what I can do with IPs... my friend won't tell me(don't ask me why, I figure it's cause he doesn't know either, hehe). I'm curious as to what theya re used for other than networking computers... if there IS any other purpose or use for them. That's all. --Evil_d00d (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evil_d00d
4 Replies

3. Programming

memory addresses

where is addresses(what kind of memory) like this one "df605d50". I want to print address of locan variable: printf("&i - %p", &i); and I have &i - df605d50. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paravozzz
0 Replies

4. Programming

memory addresses

you have three variables of type char, int and float in continous memory locations. How do you print the contents of each of these.??? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

6. Programming

LInear Addresses

Hi all, Even after reading many explanation the question still haunting me what's the difference between physical and linear addresses.Can we directly access physical addresses .If not then paging circuitry would have ensure contiguous physical addresses regardless of any linear addresses but this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

email addresses

Greetings to all. I have installed dadamail on my web site and it works extremely well. I have two questions: 1. I have modified dada to bounce bad emails, but only the first newsletter will use the modifications. If I create another list, it doesn't use the modification. What gives? 2. Are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbrowder
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ip addresses

Hello! I have logged in using Putty into another machine 'tele'. The ip address which i used to login to 'tele' is 192.168.1.3. Now while at 'tele' when i run "#ifconfig -a" i get the same ip address i.e, 192.168.1.3. But when i run "#arp tele" it gives the output: tele (10.143.128.8) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Virtual IP addresses

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip range addresses

I am trying to find a script that will generate all the ip addresses in particular range. Example: start: 41.0.0.0 end ip 41.1.1.2 32.32.35.3 to 32.32.36.0 Please help. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkkk
9 Replies
PTS_SOURCE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     PTS_SOURCE(1)

NAME
pts_source - Read pts commands from a file SYNOPSIS
pts source [-file] <file name> [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts so [-f] <file name> [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts source runs commands from a file as if they were typed in pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts source command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
pts source takes the following options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command shows the output of each command in the file as if it were run normally. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of using pts source in a pts interactive session: % echo examine admin > /tmp/commands.txt % pts interactive pts> source /tmp/commands.txt Name: admin, id: 1, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous, membership: 2, flags: S----, group quota: 20. pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1), pts_quit(1), pts_sleep(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_SOURCE(1)