Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users copy data from Windows to Unix any help? Post 24135 by taher_n on Saturday 6th of July 2002 12:49:29 AM
Old 07-06-2002
thankx (more ideas)

thanks for ur reply....however

i accept that it cud be more practical to do get n send from a win PC to Unix server but if at all its the vice versa case then...what kind of FTP server my Win PC should be running so that Unix server can do get n send to the Win PC ? any idea ? is there any software available like what FTP server ???

Your reply will be appreciated...
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste from MS Windows to Unix

Where I work we run unix through Microsoft windows, so my unix Windows appear on my MS Windows desktop. I surf the net with Microsoft Internet Explorer, is there anyway I can copy and paste examples from the net into my Unix windows? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loaded Gun
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy from Windows to Unix

How do i copy a jar file from Windows to Unix?I am using eTrust single sign on tool to connect to the unix server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghanshyam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Paste across UNIX and Windows ?

how to select all the text from a file in Unix and then paste it in Notepad in windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Windows to Unix

I have a file in windows that I need to copy to UNIX. How can I FTP binary to the UNIX server. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy unix filesystem to windows

Hi all Is there a way to copy a unix filesystem (folders, subfolder and files) to windows (AD) and at the same time maintaine the unix permission (user/group) when copied to windows (AD) filesystem? I want the same permission in windows as I had in unix in one copy job. Is this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjen
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from vi Editor ( unix ) to windows

How to copy the complete content from a file in vi Editor to windows ( notepad ). I can use " select " and paste it to windows but this is restricted to current page. Not allowing me to scroll down or up when selecting the content.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy paste to windows from unix

I generally highlight the content in unix terminal and use ctrl+v to paste in windows and it was working. Recently I noticed that if I copy in unix and paste in windows, it works once and then it does not work the second time. Then if I do a ctrl+c in a windows app to select a text and then go back... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carv_13
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
HERCULES(1)						      General Commands Manual						       HERCULES(1)

NAME
hercules -- System/370, ESA/390 and z/Architecture Emulator SYNOPSIS
hercules [-f config-file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the hercules program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in HTML format; see below. Hercules is an open source software implementation of the mainframe System/370 and ESA/390 architectures, in addition to the new 64-bit z/Architecure. Hercules runs under Linux, Windows 98, Windows NT, and Windows 2000. OPTIONS
-f Use a config file other than /etc/hercules/hercules.cnf SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by The Hercules System/370, ESA/390, and z/Architecture Emulator available in /usr/share/doc/her- cules/html. AUTHOR
Hercules was created by Roger Bowler and is maintained by Jay Maynard. Jan Jaeger designed and implemented many of the advanced features of Hercules, including dynamic reconfiguration, integrated console, interpretive execution, and z/Architecture support. This manual page was written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. HERCULES(1)