Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Newbie help needed connecting to Internet Post 24115 by warrend on Friday 5th of July 2002 06:58:08 AM
Old 07-05-2002
Ok so it looks like a DNS issue.

search the forum for DNS and resolve.conf They have been covered a thousand times and some of the results throw-up some really good explinations of configuration, troubleshooting and issues.

W

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connecting to internet

I have installed Solaris 8.0 and want to find out how can I go in and change my network setup and external IP setup. At the moment system running but I can not connect to the internet. But my lan card shows that I am on the network. I also get some advice that I should check the $Socks but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cdrive
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to the Internet

Im on XP now but when im on linux how do I connect to the internet? I don't think AOL works with it but are there any free programs that I can use with it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoPepsiForYou
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, Is it possible (as I only have dial-up) to utilise my existing WinXP PC as a gateway to the internet for my 2nd PC (RH 8.0)?? .So connect with XP and have RH use a network connection (I guess) through the XP box and to the internet. If so, could I please have some links thrown my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help connecting to the internet with solaris10

I am using solaris 10 with pentium 3. I have two network cards but none of them come up when i run <ifconfig -a> in command line. The two cards I have are : Linksys LNE 100TX and Netgear FA311. Does solaris 10 support these NICs or do I have to dowload the drivers for them. If so, can anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fidjouss
1 Replies

5. Linux

connecting to INTERNET

Hi, I can ping www.yahoo.com (then domain name server is OK) but I can not navigate by Motzila to www.yahoo.com or any other Web Site. What can be the problem ? Mozila is configured in preference /advance to go automaticaly on WEB. We are under RED HAT AS3. What should I check ? Many thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have just installed Linux and everything looks great, but how do I get my browser (Mozilla) to connect to my internet service provider? I have a cable connection to Bigpond in Australia, if that means anything - the ISP will not provide support for Linux. Your help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openhead
2 Replies

7. SuSE

fresh approach needed for connecting to Internet on Fedora Core 5 (or 7)

I have been hunting about the internet for a while not trying to find a way to connect to the internet via WiFi with Fedora Core 5 with no luck however. I have a Netgear ADSL2+ DGB111G Router and a matching USB WiFi card (came packaged together). I have it up and running on WinXP Home SP2 fine,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting Solaris 10 to the Internet

This seems to be a common problem. I just installed Solaris 10 and do not have an internet connection. I am not that savy with Unix/Linux, although I have been using Linux in the past, and have never had any sort of problem detecting my internet connection. I have tried some things, but did not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric cartman
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems connecting to the Internet

I am trying to connect a Solaris 10 PC to the internet via a Linksys router and a cable modem. I have tried following suggestions in one of the posts here for manual setup but so far no luck. Does the Solaris 10 install for x86 automatically pick up the internet connection? Dave :>) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dohling
4 Replies

10. SCO

Connecting to the internet

Hi, I have a router, 192.168.1.1, and an internet router, 10.0.0.138. I have connected the server to the 1st router and assigned it a IP address of 192.168.1.1. I can ping both routers successfully but I have no access to internet. Any suggestions? sco5.0.7 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
11 Replies
avahi-resolve(1)					      General Commands Manual						  avahi-resolve(1)

NAME
avahi-resolve - Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-resolve --name host-name ... avahi-resolve-host-name host-name ... avahi-resolve --address address ... avahi-resolve-address address ... DESCRIPTION
Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon. The daemon is not the standard Avahi daemon but a proxy to a Bonjour daemon. OPTIONS
When passing -n, specify one or more fully qualified mDNS/DNS host name(s) (e.g. "foo.local") to resolve into IP addresses on the command line. When passing -a, specify one or more IP address to resolve into host names. avahi-resolve-host-name is equivalent to avahi-resolve --name. avahi-resolve-address is equivalent to avahi-resolve --address. -n | --name Translate one or more fully qualified host names into addresses. -a | --address Translate one or more addresses into fully qualified host names. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -6 When resolving a host name, look for IPv6 addresses exclusively. -4 When resolving a host name, look for IPv4 addresses exclusively. -h | --help Show help. -V | --version Show version information. SEE ALSO
avahi-publish-address(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-resolve(1)