Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix mail : sender/reply to
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix mail : sender/reply to Post 240 by bong m on Tuesday 14th of November 2000 07:45:17 PM
Old 11-14-2000
Question

Im currently working on modifying a unix script called email maker which basically creates emails on a regular basis using the unix Mail.
Question: Is there a way to changed the value of the reply to and sender fields? Can I hard code values on these fields? How?
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail without sender's id!

I found a mail which confused me a lot! since it did not contain any information regarding the sender of that mail. Is it possible to do like this? First i thought there was something wrong with the mail server.. but the subject of that mail still confused "nobody". How is it possible? or can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Sender

Hello All, My unix (AIX 5.2) login is robk, my MS Exchange user name is rkapfer. What I want to do is send mail as rkapfer while logged in (to unix) as robk. I'm currently doing uuencode <pdf> <pdf>|mail -s"Subject" <recipient> works fine except the recipient sees me as robk@xyz.com.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkapfer
0 Replies

3. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change mail sender in unix aix

Hi All, I have a ksh script, in which it sends mail successfully but from root id(root@system.com). I want it to be sent as customid@system.com. I verified man pages of mail, and found '-u userid' option. But it is failing. code snippet below: mail -s "subject" -u $customid... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Mail::Sender Doubt

I am using the below code to send an email #!/usr/bin/perl sub BEGIN { unshift (@INC,'/opt/dev/common/mds/perlLib'); } use Mail::Sender; $sender = new Mail::Sender {smtp => 'xxx.xxx.x.xx', from => 'abc@xyz.xom'}; $sender->MailFile({to => 'abc@xyz.xom', subject => 'Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail::Sender - How to Check Result Code?

I have a code block which sends a mail using Mail::Sender. Everything works great now. I just want to know how to check whether the status of sending mail is success or failure. Based on which I will log the result in my log file. How can I do this? Any idea please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail -s help ,change the sender to correct one

Hi expert I use mail -s "hello" bruce@sohu.com <kernel-img.conf send mail, it display the sender is lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010.corp.ad..com How can I change the sender to yanglei.fage@gmail.com to default ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To define a sender name in mail command

Hi, I am using the unix script to send a report on daily basis using the mail command. Here the sender name is appearing as myname i.e. chandru (userid@machine.unix.domain.com). Is there any way to change sender name as a user defined name? example i need to change it to SupportTeam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schandru
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
Mail(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Mail(3pm)

NAME
Palm::Mail - Handler for Palm Mail databases. SYNOPSIS
use Palm::Mail; DESCRIPTION
The Mail PDB handler is a helper class for the Palm::PDB package. It parses Mail databases. AppInfo block The AppInfo block begins with standard category support. See Palm::StdAppInfo for details. Other fields include: $pdb->{appinfo}{sortOrder} $pdb->{appinfo}{unsent} $pdb->{appinfo}{sigOffset} I don't know what these are. Sort block $pdb->{sort} This is a scalar, the raw data of the sort block. Records $record = $pdb->{records}[N] $record->{year} $record->{month} $record->{day} $record->{hour} $record->{minute} The message's timestamp. $record->{is_read} This is defined and true iff the message has been read. $record->{has_signature} For outgoing messages, this is defined and true iff the message should have a signature attached. The signature itself is stored in the "Saved Preferences.prc" database, and is of type "mail" with ID 2. $record->{confirm_read} If this is defined and true, then the sender requests notification when the message has been read. $record->{confirm_delivery} If this is defined and true, then the sender requests notification when the message has been delivered. $record->{priority} An integer in the range 0-2, for high, normal, or low priority, respectively. $record->{addressing} An integer in the range 0-2, indicating the addressing type: To, Cc, or Bcc respectively. I don't know what this means. $record->{subject} $record->{from} $record->{to} $record->{cc} $record->{bcc} $record->{replyTo} $record->{sentTo} Strings, the various header fields. $record->{body} A string, the body of the message. METHODS
new $pdb = new Palm::Mail; Create a new PDB, initialized with the various Palm::Mail fields and an empty record list. Use this method if you're creating a Mail PDB from scratch. new_Record $record = $pdb->new_Record; Creates a new Mail record, with blank values for all of the fields. "new_Record" does not add the new record to $pdb. For that, you want "$pdb->append_Record". Note: the time given by the "year", "month", "day", "hour", and "minute" fields in the new record are initialized to the time when the record was created. They should be reset to the time when the message was sent. SOURCE CONTROL
The source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/p5-Palm/tree/master AUTHOR
Alessandro Zummo, "<a.zummo@towertech.it>" Currently maintained by brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
Palm::PDB(3) Palm::StdAppInfo(3) perl v5.10.1 2010-02-23 Mail(3pm)