Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux & Office Suites
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Linux & Office Suites Post 23756 by auswipe on Friday 28th of June 2002 10:26:50 AM
Old 06-28-2002
Does the latest version of StarOffice and OpenOffice have support for TrueType fonts?

The 5.2 version of StarOffice had TTF support in StarCalc, the spreadsheet application but the word processor package did not have native support (getting it to support TTF is a pain in the buttocks).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux?

No detail:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

SuSe Linux runs MS Office

SuSe Linux runs MS Office (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

4. Linux

MS Office for Linux..

Hi all, I have to install MS office on the Linux 9. As it is the essential part of my Internship. So I just want to know the following things: 1. Is it possible? 2. From where I can get the MS Ofiice for Linux 9. 3. From wher I can get the Documentation for Installing it. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aman_mlt
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

how can i get open office package for Redhat Linux 5.0

Dear Team, Any body who have idea to down load the open office package for Redhat linux 5.0. Please send me the URL. so that i can easily down load from net. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finger command not showing Office, Office Phone from /etc/passwd

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but at this point my question seems to be an advanced topic. I'm curious why it is that the "office phone" column of finger does not seem to report anything even when data is entered in the GECOS field of /etc/passwd. I am using Ubuntu 8.10, kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator

Hi All, I have a requirement where i need to NDM 3 files from LINUX to Mainframe system & trigger a job in mainframe once the 3 files are transmitted successfully. I am getting an error message in the && operator (the code component where i am checking whether step 1/2/3 are completed). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

8. Linux

Office installation on Linux without root access

Need Assistance in finding office open source for REDHAT linux. Need to be compiled as non-root user . If possible I also need instructions for installation. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD