Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Low level format?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Low level format? Post 23741 by janr on Friday 28th of June 2002 07:38:34 AM
Old 06-28-2002
this is just SUN

Hi,

When you are on a SUN box you can use

the command format (unix) like you use fdisk (DOS), thw format command can also be use for a media scan and low level format
the newfs (unix) command is used like the format command on DOS and creates New File System on a partion.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

write() issue during a low level hdd access

Hi, I am trying to write zeroes to the hdd using a c program. I don't want to use the dd or ddrescue or any such inbuilt program because of reasons like real time progress, writing custom patterns. (my program is more like an erasure application, but does only zero fill). here are the steps... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: sponnusa
35 Replies

2. IP Networking

Best reference for understanding low level info on nic cards drivers and functionality

Hi, What is the best reference that gives in detail on nic cards configuration , assigning multiple ip addresses to a single interface, netlink library etc and all basic stuff at this level..? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

3. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

4. Programming

System calls and C language low-level qualities???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I queried in my previous thread about the low-level qualities of C/C++ languages.I really thank you people for explaining, it was really helpful. One more ambiquity that I have in my mind is regarding the unix system calls like open, creat,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

5. Programming

Why is C/C++ considered low-level languages???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing well and fine. I have always been hearing that C/C++ are relatively low-level as compared to Java/C# etc. Could you please tell me some low-level qualities of C/C++? And I think disk deframenters are written in C/C++, please correct me if I am wrong. And please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation on OS level or application level

We have a RHEL 5.8 server at the production level and we have a Java application on this server. I know of the SSL certificate generation at the OS (RHEL) level but it is implemented on the Java application by our development team using the Java keytool. My doubt is that is the SSL generation can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

7. Programming

Low level X11 programming

How to use X11 without Xlib not XCB? How draw window directly on low level? I must use anyway window manager like Motif? I have ridden that X11 has server-client architecture, client send via TCP/IP to port 6000 request for primitives and get replies. Where is detailed description of it? In X11... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrzejB
0 Replies
show_os_cursor(3alleg4)                                           Allegro manual                                           show_os_cursor(3alleg4)

NAME
show_os_cursor - Low level function to display the operating system cursor. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int show_os_cursor(int cursor); DESCRIPTION
In case you do not need Allegro's mouse cursor API, which automatically emulates a cursor in software if no other cursor is available, you can use this low level function to try to display or hide the system cursor directly. The cursor parameter takes the same values as select_mouse_cursor. This function is very similar to calling enable_hardware_cursor, select_mouse_cursor and show_mouse, but will not try to do anything if no system cursor is available. The most common use for this function is to just call it once at the beginning of the program to tell it to display the system cursor inside the Allegro window. The return value can be used to see if this succeeded or not. On some systems (e.g. DirectX fullscreen) this is not supported and the function will always fail, and in other cases only some of the cursors will work, or in the case of MOUSE_CUR- SOR_ALLEGRO, only certain bitmap sizes may be supported. You never should use show_os_cursor together with the function show_mouse and other functions affecting it (select_mouse_cursor, enable_hardware_cursor, disable_hardware_cursor, scare_mouse, unscare_mouse). They implement the standard high level mouse API, and don't work together with this low level function. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 if a system cursor is being displayed after the function returns, or -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
show_mouse(3alleg4), set_mouse_cursor_bitmap(3alleg4), select_mouse_cursor(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 show_os_cursor(3alleg4)