Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sun guru help!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sun guru help! Post 23679 by janr on Thursday 27th of June 2002 07:46:38 AM
Old 06-27-2002
Java First try to boot single user

I think its better to try to boot single user and find out what kind of problem prefent your box from booting.

So at the ok> prompt
boot <bootdisk> -s

if this fails also you can boot from CDROM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl Guru help

I am trying to install Perl 5.005 on solaris 2.5, following the perl installation guide in INSTALL file that comes with Perl software However, according to the installation procedure, it instruct me to to excute "make" command after running the Configure which I did but everytime I excute... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS guru needed...

Well I have a new hosting account. I love these guys, because they have everything I need, and give me everything I need, but at the cost of I must configure it myself. I am trying to create a subdomain, and they use raw zone access for dns administration. I have no idea how to configure the zone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: btmitch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what do most Unix guru's use ? :D

I wanted to know what email app most Sun solaris / unix gurus use ? I have become quite NON microsoft in the last few months in my studying solaris.. thanks simon2000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To all the Java guru...

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this post. I didn't see a good place to post this topic in. :D I would like to know what's the most popular and reliable Java IDE out there nowadays? A FREE one would be awesome! :D Thanks for your suggestion! Cheers! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TAR prob - Guru's please help

I'm trying to tar 3000 files into a single tar file to be extracted on another server. Command I'm using: find . -name '*cost*' -print| xargs tar -cvf mylist.tar (Note tar is contained on filesystem not tape drive which is what I want) Above command works fine and displays all 3000+ file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting....guru's help needed

perl guru's, what i think is, not simply writing a script...i like to write a script which must take less time to run and less memory use..i like to fine tune my program... for ex, my program has a subroutine(1 file open &file close and 1print ) 2if loops(1 file open &file close and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

7. AIX

-- Need help from a AIX guru --

Hi alls I don't see any solution and I need to have feedback from other people... On a test machine (AIX 5.1) I've installed OpenSSH software on it (with openssl, prng, etc...) like is described on IBM AIX Docs. To control the installation I've rebooted the machine and all was ok (CDE was... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Guru's help on diff

Hi , I wanted to find delata between two huge ( 8 GB ) files . Say file_TDY and file_YDY : These files are sorted based on a key . I am using a command : 1)bdiff file_TDY file_YDY > diff_file 2) grep ' ^< ' diff_file > TDY_delta I wanted only the changed records and newly added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaybalki
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Noob and Guru

A long time ago, my computer crashed, at that time, I was using Windows98, but because I was a noob at computers, my friend recommended me apro to fix it for me.   He came, saw the computer, and asked if I had a backup/installation disk for Windows 98. I said no.   He thought about it for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help from a C++ makefile guru

hello, i'm recompiling some c++ code for OSX and there are some bugs as the configure is not picking up some libs like atlas, pastix, etc, it should be finding either in standard path or with pkgconfig but it's not so i'm rewriting the Makefile. C++ territory is a bit of a stretch with all of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
0 Replies
answerbook2(1)							   User Commands						    answerbook2(1)

NAME
answerbook2 - online documentation system SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2 [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the AnswerBook2 server to be viewed. The answerbook2 utility opens the default web browser and displays an HTML page that shows a link to locally installed documentation, and, if the AnswerBook2 server has been defined, a link to AnswerBook2 collections. To define a default AnswerBook2 server, use the environment variable, AB2_DEFAULTSERVER. This functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 option on the CDE front panel Help menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AB2_DEFAULTSERVER Fully-qualified URL that identifies the default AnswerBook2 server to use. For example: http://imaserver.eng.sun.com:8888/ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Use the online Help system to find out more about the AnswerBook2 product, once the web browser is opened and the AnswerBook2 library can be viewed. SunOS 5.10 29 Nov 2001 answerbook2(1)