Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New! (In Unix & In the Forum) Post 23625 by Louas on Wednesday 26th of June 2002 05:01:23 AM
Old 06-26-2002
Bug New! (In Unix & In the Forum)

Hi my name Louas and I´m from Argentina (so you must forgive me English!).
I'm studing Unix and I want to know where and how can I conect to practice.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Louas.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

kindly reconsider my post in shell & scripting forum

Hi, this is regarding my post "ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition" . Its not a home work or an assigment. I actually work in retail domain. The data I handle is very complex and confidential.So I can't divulge the actual patterns. In order to explain my problem, I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angie1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Forum & Sun Surefire V210 Access

Purchased a Sun Surefire V210 Server off eBay. Unable to Access the Terminal Mode via the Terminal MGT. Using Windows 7 home, and downloaded the ConEmu. The ConEmu brings up a Command line on the PC, and that's it. Being new to all this, I was expecting a Login prompt to pop up. Read the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: screenprintr
22 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies
English(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      English(3pm)

NAME
English - use nice English (or awk) names for ugly punctuation variables SYNOPSIS
use English; use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; # Avoids regex performance penalty # in perl 5.16 and earlier ... if ($ERRNO =~ /denied/) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read. Variables with side-effects which get triggered just by accessing them (like $0) will still be affected. For those variables that have an awk version, both long and short English alternatives are provided. For example, the $/ variable can be referred to either $RS or $INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR if you are using the English module. See perlvar for a complete list of these. PERFORMANCE
NOTE: This was fixed in perl 5.20. Mentioning these three variables no longer makes a speed difference. This section still applies if your code is to run on perl 5.18 or earlier. This module can provoke sizeable inefficiencies for regular expressions, due to unfortunate implementation details. If performance matters in your application and you don't need $PREMATCH, $MATCH, or $POSTMATCH, try doing use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; . It is especially important to do this in modules to avoid penalizing all applications which use them. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 English(3pm)