Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove files Post 23616 by Nisha on Wednesday 26th of June 2002 12:04:58 AM
Old 06-26-2002
Hey Thanks Peter. I got it working.
I never thought about this *. I learnt a new thing..

Thanks,
Nisha

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Remove files starting with -

In Unix/Linux when u create a file starting with a - e.g.-file then when u try to remove or rename it, it is not possible. e.g. rm -file . when we give this command rm assumes to be its option rather than its argument. Same is the case when this filename is given as an argument to mv or cat and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove files with a date

I have files with a date name ( 20060506 20060507 etc..) that i want to remove because it keeps filling up the directory. Can someone please help me with a script to remove those date files. i would like to keep atleast 14 days worth from the current date. I hope i have explained it clearly and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justintime
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove files other than selected

I wanna remove a set files other than some selected files. Eg. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: a directory contains n files like test1.dat test2.dat test3.dat test4.dat out5.dat out1.dat i wanna remove all files which doesnot name like *test* I want to use this in shell... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove a range of files

How come I remove the range of file from update.0001* to update.0002* and not other files. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to remove the files along with its link files

How to remove the files along with its link files either hardlink or softlink? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramesh_srk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files

I know that rm -i, asks a user before removing a file. What I need to accomplish is removing files from a different directory without switching to that directory. Example: I'm currently in directory dog and I want to remove all the files of a certain name in directory cat, but from within the dog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smiley76112
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files by name

Hi, I have multiple xml files and named 1233__AAA__12.xml 1234__AAA__12.xml 2125__AAA__13.xml 2127__AAA__13.xml and I want to delete or to remove only these with the hightest ID e.g. files 1234__AAA__12.xml and 2127__AAA__13.xml. Could you tell me how can i do that? Is there any script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove old files

In my redhat 5 sysem , there are many files are generated to a directory, I would like to do the housekeeping as following , move the files elder than 90 days to a specific directory , then remove the the files elder than 180 days from this specific directory , I have a script to do it . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies
Authen::SASL::Perl::LOGIN(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Authen::SASL::Perl::LOGIN(3)

NAME
Authen::SASL::Perl::LOGIN - Login Authentication class SYNOPSIS
use Authen::SASL qw(Perl); $sasl = Authen::SASL->new( mechanism => 'LOGIN', callback => { user => $user, pass => $pass }, ); DESCRIPTION
This method implements the client and server part of the LOGIN SASL algorithm, as described in IETF Draft draft-murchison-sasl-login-XX.txt. CALLBACK The callbacks used are: Client user The username to be used for authentication pass The user's password to be used for authentication Server getsecret(username) returns the password associated with "username" checkpass(username, password) returns true and false depending on the validity of the credentials passed in arguments. SEE ALSO
Authen::SASL, Authen::SASL::Perl AUTHORS
Software written by Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>, documentation written by Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>. Server support by Yann Kerherve <yannk@cpan.org> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Documentation Copyright (c) 2004 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This documentation is distributed, and may be redistributed, under the same terms as Perl itself. Server support Copyright (c) 2009 Yann Kerherve. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 175: Unknown directive: =over4 Around line 177: '=item' outside of any '=over' perl v5.16.2 2010-06-02 Authen::SASL::Perl::LOGIN(3)