Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Java Programming in UNIX Environment Post 23604 by killerserv on Tuesday 25th of June 2002 08:12:05 PM
Old 06-25-2002
I do believe its included under Shell Programming and Scripting Q&A. You may try to post in there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

programming for unix environment

i have to make a menu based program to allow iusers to select the system information about their machine that they want. All i have been taught is how to enter commands at the command prompt like simple commands such as pwd and cd directory to change directory (not even sure if that is right). But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
1 Replies

2. Programming

New to C Programming in UNIX environment

Hi all, I know the basics of C programming, but I dont know a single thing about how to write, compile and run C code in UNIX, also where liberaris are stored, how .headers files are being managed in unix, how to debug c code and what are the available GNU tools for c programming in linux env,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

JAVA - environment variable not passing

Here is part of my script: export ERT export CYE export AYE java -classpath ${CLASSPATH} -DCYE="${CYE}" -DAYE="${AYE}" -DERT="${ERT}" classname I've verified in my script that all three variables have values. Once the JAVA app runs it only has the ERT values. CYE and AYE come through as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
0 Replies

4. Programming

Binary not getting executed from Java on Solaris environment

In the Java programme, I am calling function, "Runtime.getRuntime().exec( cmdarray ); " with the array of arguments in which first argument is the binary(C-executable) file and argv1,argv2 and so on. This will be executed on Sun OS system.. I can execute using "sh -c cmdarray" on the shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

5. Programming

Uncompress a gzip and bzip file using java on unix solaris environment

Hi, I need to uncompress a gzip and bzip file using java on unix solaris environment. I also need to retreive the header information of the file inorder to differentiate between gzip and bzip file. Please help Pooja (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the environment name while calling java program from unix script?

Hi, I'm trying to test one unix shell script in dev environment. But I'm not sure how to pass the environment in my java program calling code. I'm trying to use -DconsumerEnv="DEV" but unfortunately I get 'null' while trying to print the value from java class. System.out.println("Environment: "+... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep problem from The Unix Programming Environment

Hi Here is the problem ( Exercise 3-3, Using The Shell of The Unix Programming Environment, Kerninghan, Pike, 3rd edition ): Predict what each of the following grep commands will do, and then verify your understanding. grep \$ grep \\$ grep \\\$ grep '\$' grep '\'$' grep \\ grep \\\\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dum_dum20
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Setting up Java environment on VMware Solaris 10

Hello chings , Oracle Solaris OS Install (JDK) My host is win7 X64 and guest is solaris 10 X64 . My share file name is sharefile10 I unzip the file from host so I dont need type tar or gzip command through solaris . I have downloaded JDK from oracle offical website and the name : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSUUser
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)