Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable anonymous ftp????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disable anonymous ftp???? Post 23370 by rrivas on Friday 21st of June 2002 02:49:31 PM
Old 06-21-2002
MySQL

Thanks a lot, I'll try that......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anonymous FTP Server

How do I set up and Anonymous FTP Server on Unix FreeBSD v4.3? Also, how do I set up my account to get root access when I am logged onto my server through ftp? Thanx in advanced. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ByondF1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable ftp on web browser

Hi there, how can i disable the possibility of accessing hp-ux with ftp in the web browser? is there any way to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

anonymous ftp attack?

For the last week or so every day for about 6 to 10 hours someone is logging in and out continuously to our anonymous ftp. They don't stay logged in. It seems like it must be an automatic process aimed at tying up our anonymous ftp. The ID of the server doing this is can59-4-82-240-1. As a result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to block an anonymous ftp user?

Could anyone provide information on how to block a specific client machine from being able to log onto anonymous ftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
10 Replies

6. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Disable ftp

HI all, I am using Solaris 10 and would like to know if it possible to disable ftp use for a single entry in my /etc/hosts file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anonymous ftp log?

Hello, I was wanting to know if there is any log/tracker for anonymous ftp activity for users that are logging in to our server. We migrated over to a new server and cleaning up some loose ends on the old server. We noticed that some files are being loaded on the old server via anonymous ftp.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)