Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Post 23368 by c0ldzer0 on Friday 21st of June 2002 02:28:22 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Question LILO Disk

How do i go about getting or making a LILO disk?
Can I install Linux on a blank drive?
Where can I get the Linux Partition Magic tool?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)

NAME
Bootloader::Core::LILO - LILO library for bootloader configuration PREFACE
This package is the LILO library of the bootloader configuration SYNOPSIS
use Bootloader::Core::LILO; "$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->new ();" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ListFiles ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->CreateLines ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->UpdateBootloader ($avoid_init);" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->InitializeBootloader ();" DESCRIPTION
"$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->new ();" Creates an instance of the Bootloader::Core::LILO class. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ListFiles ();" Returns the list of the configuration files of the bootloader Returns undef on fail "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" Parses the contents of all files and stores the settings in the internal structures. As first argument, it takes a hash reference, where keys are file names and values are references to lists, each member is one line of the file. As second argument, it takes a boolean flag that, if set to a true value, causes it to skip updating the internal device_map information. Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value on success. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->CreateLines ();" creates contents of all files from the internal structures. Returns a hash reference in the same format as argument of ParseLines on success, or undef on fail. "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->UpdateBootloader ($avoid_init);" Updates the settings in the system. Backs original configuration files up and replaces them with the ones with the '.new' suffix. Also performs operations needed to make the change effect (run '/sbin/lilo'). Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value on success. "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->InitializeBootloader ();" Initializes the firmware to boot the bootloader. Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value otherwise perl v5.12.1 2009-08-03 Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)