Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup problem---Again
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Backup problem---Again Post 23353 by RTM on Friday 21st of June 2002 12:54:22 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Quote:
* mailsystem:All Cannot connect to nsrexecd on client mailsystem and .rhosts permissions
* mailsystem:All do not allow rsh.
This is telling you what is wrong.

1. The solstice backup software does not require .rhosts - it does require the client software be loaded on mailsystem.
2. Insure the nsrhost is in /etc/hosts on mailsystem with the correct IP address. Insure mailsystem is in /etc/hosts on nsrhost with the correct IP address.

I believe you have been given this link before for looking up error messages - : Legato.

You then have to go to the Support, Knowledge Base, Tech Dialog, put in your error message (minus any host name) - and lo and behold!

an answer Do the search yourself as there are other possiblities!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup problem

Hi all what may be the cause when i try to restore the backup (TAR) It's giving error tar block size =1 directory checksum error please suggest as soon as possible try n learn praful (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup problem---Again

I am running my solstice backup 5.5.1 server on a solaris 2.6 platform. I have a remote client ; my mailserver also running solaris 2.6. I created a unique pool and group for my mailserver, but when i label to pool, mount and run backup, it doesnt backup my mailserver, rather it gives me error... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Backup Problem?

Hi. Can someone please tell what the following tape error message means: Read end of medium on output If you want to go on, type device/file name when ready This message comes after the terminal displays a few files from the directory I'm trying to backup. The command I'm running is: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix 10.2 Backup Problem

We have an older HP Unix 10.20 system that we rarely ever use anymore. Most of our jobs on it are from 1994 to 2002. Anything after that is on Windows XP. The Unix system was backed up religiously every day. Because of space constraints some of the jobs were removed from the system after a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozzybear
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with Database backup

Hi! This is my first post and im not that familiar with UNIX but I'll try to explain my problem.. I have a server here at work running Open UNIX Release 8.0.0 It has a special application on it that I'm trying to run a database backup on. For the last 2 weeks this has failed.. Usually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TaZ
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with backup script

Hi, Following is the script I made for backing up Cpanel server. ================================================ #! /bin/bash rsync -raopguzl --delete --exclude "*.tar.gz" --progress --delete-excluded root@$hostname:/$otherdir/$i/ /mnt/iscsi/$hostname/home/$i done ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohitmoudgil
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please : Script Backup Problem

I have script but not work.. ===================================== #!/bin/bash # backup Backup_Dirs="/home/test" Backup_Dest_Dir=/tmp Backup_Date=`date +%b%d%y` #Create Backup tar cvzf $Backup_Date.tar.gz $Backup_Dirs $Backup_Dest_Dir ====================================== What's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

problem in backup

Hi I am using Ubuntu back up program to the back up automatic. Problem is that recently the app start to fail. I get the following message: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1359, in <module> with_tempdir(main) File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1342,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Backup setting problem

the way that i use to backup my server is using the script below in ssh. mysqldump --opt -Q -u username -p password > /var/www/squiro/sql/database.sql but i want to set the server backup everyday at 1pm in same folder. is that set it in crontab-e? how to set it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mampwamp
3 Replies
BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)

NAME
backup_delvolset - Deletes one or more volume sets from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delvolset -name <volume set name>+ [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delvols -n <volume set name>+ [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delvolset command deletes each volume set named by the -name argument, and the volume entries each contains, from the Backup Database. The backup listvolsets command lists the volume sets (and their volume entries) currently defined in the Backup Database. CAUTIONS
Deleting a temporary volume set is possible only within the interactive session in which it was created. Exiting the interactive session also destroys the temporary volume set automatically. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name>+ Names each volume set to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the volume set called user and all volume entries in it: % backup delvolset user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_listvolsets(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)