Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting session time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers setting session time Post 23350 by RTM on Friday 21st of June 2002 12:03:47 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Check the man page for ftpaccess

limit-time {*|anonymous|guest} <minutes>
Limit the total time a session can take. By default, there is no limit. Real users are never limited.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting date and time

how do i set the system date and time? i know i have to be root to do it but i'm new to unix--really new--and some of this stuff seems really cryptic. thanks for any help.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singlefin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time zone setting

Tru64 (4.0D) How to change the time zone setting for the system? Sanjay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_g
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one time automated ftp session

How can an automated script be setup to run at a later time in the day. cron runs recurring tasks. I am interested in a one time process. I want to back up a number of files whenever I make changes to an application and ftp for backup purposes. The script to automate the zipping of files has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msmkeml
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help setting time!

I am trying to change the time on a Sun Solaris System, but I am having some difficulties. I thought by accessing the clock icon in the CDE would allow me to change the time. Also when I clicked the help icon I still could not fine any information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session time out

Hi, We have a generic login id :- ship1 . There can be any number of sessions for this login ID. I'm working on a way to log off idle sessions ( not logins) . I searched the forum and found TMOUT. Is it at login level or session level ? ( looks like it is at login level) But I added it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Setting up SSH - first time

Good day to you all. I have a server (running on SunOS 5.8) that i always got into via telnet. I have eventually decided to block telnet access to it and instead look toward using SSH. The problem is, whne i establish the SSH connection via PuTTy, i get the "Log in as" prompt, but upon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Session timeout setting in server

Hi All I need to set timeout of login session of a user if a user is idle for some time. I know the TMOUT setting but it work with only BASH & KORN shell only as I need to set for Bourne shell also. I am trying to put "ClientAliveInterval 300" in sshd_config & restart or refreshing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run only 3 sqlplus session at a time

Below code runs n number of session at a time when called. I want to restrict it to run only for 3 sqlplus at a time. Is there a way to do the same. for name in `cat abc.txt` do (sqlplus -s usert/password@host <<-EOF>> error.txt SET LINESIZE 1000 select '$name',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
ftpcount(1)							   User Commands						       ftpcount(1)

NAME
ftpcount - show current number of users in each FTP Server class SYNOPSIS
ftpcount [-v] [-V] DESCRIPTION
Use the ftpcount command to show the current number of users logged in and the login limit for each FTP Server class defined in the ftpac- cess(4) file. OPTIONS
The ftpcount command supports the following options: -v Display the user counts for FTP Server classes defined in virtual host ftpaccess(4) files. -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/var/run/ftp.pids-classnames /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpwho(1), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) NOTES
For separate class counts to be kept, class names defined in complete virtual host ftpaccess files must be unique. SunOS 5.10 25 Apr 2003 ftpcount(1)